• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Not to get in a pissing match about .380's vs 9mm vs .40 S&W vs .45 ACP but I just did search but didn't see any Glock 42 reviews. First as its

reliability
    its ergonomics
    the trigger pull
    accuracy
    and it as a CCW pistol.

I've been doing some research but wants some more personal thoughts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzhwI6okmno

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not to get in a pissing match about .380's vs 9mm vs .40 S&W vs .45 ACP but I just did search but didn't see any Glock 42 reviews. First as its

reliability
    It's a Glock
    its ergonomics
    Just like a Glock
    the trigger pull
    No different than a Glock
    accuracy
    Better than a G26 but not as good as a Glock 19
    and it as a CCW pistol.
    Bigger than a G26 but not as big as a G19.

I've been doing some research but wants some more personal thoughts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzhwI6okmno

I'm going out on a limb here, but here goes.......about as good as it gets.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Truth About Guns ran it through some tests not long ago and the only derogatory that I remember is that it was ammo sensitive. Unusual for most Glocks but maybe not for other 380 pistols. Saw one in the case at Gunrunners in Frederick (awaiting roster approval). Very appealing size.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I've got some consignment cash at my friendly FFL & have been tempted to pick one up for the hell of it. I'm heading there tomorrow, and will advise if I end up snagging a 42.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Took delivery of mine and finally got to the range today. Fired 100 rounds of CCI Blazer aluminum cased FMJ w/o issue. Pistol was fitted with Warren Tactical Straight 8's at time of purchase and rides in a Dark Star Gear G42 holster. This is not my primary carry gun, but can serve in a backup gun role. It's going to have to gobble up another 400 rounds w/o issue before it gets carried in any capacity, however.

Here's a B8 25-yd Timed and Rapid Fire repair center target. Distance was 15 yards, offhand. I'm sure I can tighten up the group, but I fired the pistol quickly and found it to be almost too small for my XXXL hands.

While the caliber is a bit anemic, the Glock 42 brings home the bacon in the accuracy department, especially for such a small handgun.

Attachments

• 10711029_10205028401054574_6909180545581910099_n.jpg
      10711029_10205028401054574_6909180545581910099_n.jpg
      31.9 KB · Views: 268

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Honestly i don't get the reasoning for this gun, like at all. My gen 4 g26 is just as concealable and holds 12 rounds doubling the mag count, granted I have and extended mag but when i carry it when i venture into Delaware I typically pocket carry it and have no issues hiding it. I've held one and fondled it and i just don't get the need for it. I mean to each their own but I don't think this one will be in my collection anytime soon.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    Honestly i don't get the reasoning for this gun, like at all. My gen 4 g26 is just as concealable and holds 12 rounds doubling the mag count, granted I have and extended mag but when i carry it when i venture into Delaware I typically pocket carry it and have no issues hiding it. I've held one and fondled it and i just don't get the need for it. I mean to each their own but I don't think this one will be in my collection anytime soon.

the 26 is a fatty compared to the 42... especially for ppl with smaller builds or ppl who don't wear big baggy clothes.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

The 42 is slimmer and its a much better option then the LCP.

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Got one just because I wanted a 2nd 380 and love it. Very light recoil and accurate for the size. Trigger is a bit long compared to my 19 & 23 but not bad. Eats any ammo I've fed it so far. Only things I have to change is getting the mad grip extensions and holding my right thumb a little lower so as not to activate the slide stop. Overall took a little getting used to but would have no issue buying one again.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    the 26 is a fatty compared to the 42... especially for ppl with smaller builds or ppl who don't wear big baggy clothes.

I have small hands and didn't really feel much of a difference in terms of feel with the gen 4 g26 and the 42. I also don't wear baggy pants unless wrangler or levis changed something in their design lately so I'm not sure that really is an issue in this "argument". :innocent0 Regardless, if it floats your boat cool dude pick it up. Just thought i'd play devils advocate in a sense as I had some experience with it; albeit limited. Still, i really just dont get into this whole thickness thing as the 26 are also contoured a bit slimmer than their bigger brothers and in a pocket it doesn't even print or if it does it negligible when the shirt hangs down slightly over the pocket or even better wearing a jacket it disappears both iwb or in my pocket.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    The 42 is slimmer and its a much better option then the LCP.

Well Ill give you that one but tbh if i had to conceal a .380 id go with a bersa thunder concelaed carry model. over just about any other .380 on the market. Cant really explain it but it just" feels right." To each their own. :party29:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have small hands and didn't really feel much of a difference in terms of feel with the gen 4 g26 and the 42. I also don't wear baggy pants unless wrangler or levis changed something in their design lately so I'm not sure that really is an issue in this "argument". :innocent0 Regardless, if it floats your boat cool dude pick it up. Just thought i'd play devils advocate in a sense as I had some experience with it; albeit limited. Still, i really just dont get into this whole thickness thing as the 26 are also contoured a bit slimmer than their bigger brothers and in a pocket it doesn't even print or if it does it negligible when the shirt hangs down slightly over the pocket or even better wearing a jacket it disappears both iwb or in my pocket.

403c5c64a00cf53b5100f1dcfb41e3dc_zps31fecf9f.jpg

The 26 is not slimmer in any manner then say a 19/17 just shorter. You want a 26 boss, you got it.......but he facts are there. I'm with you though as these days I have a sub compact glock I carry when the need arises. (G33)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Well Ill give you that one but tbh if i had to conceal a .380 id go with a bersa thunder concelaed carry model. over just about any other .380 on the market. Cant really explain it but it just" feels right." To each their own. :party29:

I'd rather carry a pack of throwing knives then a Bersa Thunder.......yes I've shot one.

Personally Blowback designs are more prone to failure in gun fights IMO. If I have to run and shoot off hand the last thing I want to worry about it the sensitivity of "limp wrist" in the blowback design. Plus its a Walther copy and I wouldn't carry that either!! (Cool guns though my family owns a PPk)

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    403c5c64a00cf53b5100f1dcfb41e3dc_zps31fecf9f.jpg

The 26 is not slimmer in any manner then say a 19/17 just shorter. You want a 26 boss, you got it.......but he facts are there. I'm with you though as these days I have a sub compact glock I carry when the need arises.

Caught me with my hand in the cookie jar, I have to concede it is slimmer in that aspect but when i handled it just did not feel any different. But what i meant by it was slimmer i think i wasn't making myself clear or rather wasn't using the proper terminology. like with the whole front to back feel on the grip and how the muzzle is like cut down in the front is what i meant by "slimmer" on the g26 when i handled the 42 i didn't see any drastic improvements along those lines to make me to impulse by a 42.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom