• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    I'm excited about this new rifle I got last week, so I'm going to brag a wee bit. My apologies.

I am the second owner. The first owner waited two years for it to be built and never shot it. He put it up for sale shortly after receiving it due to some financial issues.

Tactical Operations Delta 55 chambered in 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser
    24" Kreiger
    Birdsong Black and Green coatings.

Late last week I put on the scope, a Nightforce F1 NXS 3.5-15x50

CA095C17-A2CC-4C13-A330-6B00636E28A2_zpsuxfxfuuq.jpg

Yesterday I sent everyone home early with pay and shut down the office so I could go to the top of the city to Brunos Shooters Supply and get home before traffic started up. I finished getting the Dillon all set and ready for this round and last night I made 23 boolits.

3660D466-B081-4B04-B056-1C9D2C78DEAB_zpsh4dyhcyj.jpg

This morning my wife made a nice breakfast and I went off to the range. My four zeroing shots served as the fouling shots, then I shot five more shots at 50 yards waiting for a cease fire. Cease fire was called and I moved my target stand out to 100 yards and shot this five shot group in a couple of minutes.

2986DADD-5AB0-47E0-B77F-6CA37DFF5E75_zpszxlwrtch.jpg

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with this rifle!

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Thank you all. That dime was the target but it just kept jumping out of the way. ;) I plan to stretch it out to 200 yards (paper) in a couple weeks when I'm on vacation and probably to 300 (steel) on that same day.

The load is as follows: DO NOT USE IN A KRAG OR MAUSER
    -Winchester primer
    -Nosler brass
    -Accurate 4350 powder 44.6 grains
    -Sierra 140g BTHP bullets
    -OAL 3.070

I built this recipe based on recommendations of a guy who has this exact same rifle. He worked up a load but I had to modify it to use A4350 whereas his recipe was using H4350. I went down one full grain to deal with my slower burning powder (just in case) but I might slowly step up into the 45-46 range over time. There are absolutely no over-pressure signs at all. I am very happy with this recipe at 100 and I'm interested in seeing how it does at 200 yards.

Keep in mind on the recipe, that any recipe you see in a book will be safe in a Krag. DO NOT use my recipe in a Krag or Mauser.

I had a 45 minute long conversation with Mike Rescigno today; he is the mastermind behind Tactical Operations. As usual it was a great and informative conversation and I went ahead and ordered a titanium Tac30 suppressor from him. We got talking about short AR15's and I almost ordered a can for my Colt Commando but had to stop and tell him "next year for that one, Mike". We laughed and went back to the intended topic which was "What round was this rifle built around?" The answer is Norma 6.5x55 156g Oryx which is on clearance sale at Midway right now. Whenever I get around to taking game with this rifle I'll find some of that ammo and use it. I don't use match ammo on critters.

Great rifle, great scope and a great builder.

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Very nice rifle. So much so, that I went looking for the manufacturer's website. Somewhat hard to believe that it is located in Beverly Hills, California.

Anyway, nice rifle, nice loads, and nice shooting. Almost enough to make me jealous, and that is hard to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom