• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    This will be my only comment on MDS regarding this as its apparent many people did not take the time to reach out to us to see what was up.

A: In August 2012 I was contacted by a guy who had been into our store who found out we had an 08 license. He asked if I could import some pistols for him. I was interested in learning the process so I agreed. I did not know what they were nor their potential impact. I imported a couple for the MD handgun roster as per the company's request and then forwarded them to the roster. One went to California for their roster. I inquired and they said they wanted to make it "50 state legal". Once again, I am ignorant to the New Jersey law at this point. It required no backing from us, moreover I wasn't paid. I have never received a dime from Armatix. I did the import simply to learn how to do it. I didn't back the gun, otherwise I would have worked out some exclusive deal to be the sole distributor. I would have worked out something beneficial. However that was not my intent. I never had any deal with Armatix other than to carry that stupid ****ing pistol. Moreover, I just wanted to sell it online and halfway through this fiasco I was contacted by Bellinda saying I can't sell it online. Anyone who says I did this for money can shove it as I never received a cent from Armatix and this has been a total loss.

B: How quickly many of you forgot what I did last year. I was not on MD shooters during the past few days, however my employees were active and let me know what was said. I busted my ass last year and donated money all over the place. Moreover, I do not follow anyone's marching orders. Not the NRAs, not the GOA, nor MSI, nor the MLFDA. For example, I worked on the petition for the referendum because I believed in it. I knew everyone was against it, but I believed in it and that's what I did. When everyone told me not to go to the anti gunners rallies and stir up trouble, I did it anyway. I wanted to confront these pricks face to face. I did the same thing with this gun. I even went down to Langley Park to get Hispanics to sign a petition against SB281. In the end, I truly believed we could make fencesitters and antis gun owners. I saw that lack of participation killed us last year, and that we need more of these people on our side. I would also like to add that NOT a dollar is left over from the money that was made from last year. I was forced to essentially start all over from square one due to reasons that I will not share here. When you guys talk about a boycott of someone who has worked so god damned hard and fought with you side by side, you show just how shallow and pathetic you are. Loyalty is everything in this world, and if you don't stand with someone who has stood by you then in my book you are the worst of worst. I have loyalty tattooed on me. I mean it, and I live it. I don't make shit here, trust me. I do this because I love it. We could sell out our inventory and I could go do something else. We build HBARs here simply to stick it to the antis and the pols who pushed SB281. That's who we are here. We stand by each other and fight.

C: To those people who say there wasn't a market. I received no less than 50 emails requesting the gun. I'm not naive. I sell guns for a ****ing living, I think I know what I can sell and what I cannot.

D: Both Chris Hayes and Sen. Weinberg stated publicly its time to repeal the law. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IMMENSE THAT IS. Two anti gunners agreed that its time to repeal a piece of gun control legislation. I fully understand the danger of this gun in a politicians hand. However that is the fight we make. We don't fight people trying to get guns, we fight the pols trying to infringe upon our right to bear them

E: I was aware of the NJ law a month ago. In February, the AG of NJ was notified that the law was in play due to the Oak Tree fiasco. The law was in play. Moreover, the only way to fight the law is to go it to go into play. Is that not the reason we were directed not to support the referendum? Moreover, where were all these people screaming when the law was passed? Where were all these people from all over the country when SB281 got passed? How did the NRA and GOA do to prevent it? How well did they do their job?

F: The technology is unreliable! I saw it! And guess what, if you listened to a word I said I said it was for people to go to the RANGE with. The RANGE. Not home defense, not LE, not mil. The RANGE, where malfunctions don't mean as much.

G: My video. Well, there's my video. You don't want to like me for it, that's fine. That's your bag baby. But nothing I said in that video could have screwed us anymore than we presently are. It didn't take smart gun to screw us here in MD or the people of NJ, just apathy.

That is all. Think what you will. If you don't want to come here then don't I respect your decision. We will still continue to fight in MD for what we believe in. We'll continue to bash MD about the legality of lowers and will be submitting even further things to the handgun roster board which will really challenge them. I also want to thank all the people who have come by, called, emailed, or posted in support of us. I love you guys. To those that bashed us and whatnot: We'll keep up the good fight, even if you're not standing beside us.

I'll keep this up for a couple days but then I'll take it down. I just felt there needs to be a personal explanation to fellow Marylanders.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I wear the Engage hat I got this weekend proudly. Thanks for all you've done and continue to do!

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Keep on fighting, Andy. **** the naysayers and **** the fair weather friends. You believe in Maryland, you believe in a free society with free ownership of guns and you have enough balls to stand up at the front of the pack and make yourself heard.

Keep on fighting!

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I could of had my lower built by 4 different gun shops closer to me and for probably half the price. I chose to support Andy and Engage the same way they supported us.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    This will be my only comment on MDS regarding this as its apparent many people did not take the time to reach out to us to see what was up.

A: In August 2012 I was contacted by a guy who had been into our store who found out we had an 08 license. He asked if I could import some pistols for him. I was interested in learning the process so I agreed. I did not know what they were nor their potential impact. I imported a couple for the MD handgun roster as per the company's request and then forwarded them to the roster. One went to California for their roster. I inquired and they said they wanted to make it "50 state legal". Once again, I am ignorant to the New Jersey law at this point. It required no backing from us, moreover I wasn't paid. I have never received a dime from Armatix. I did the import simply to learn how to do it. I didn't back the gun, otherwise I would have worked out some exclusive deal to be the sole distributor. I would have worked out something beneficial. However that was not my intent. I never had any deal with Armatix other than to carry that stupid ****ing pistol. Moreover, I just wanted to sell it online and halfway through this fiasco I was contacted by Bellinda saying I can't sell it online. Anyone who says I did this for money can shove it as I never received a cent from Armatix and this has been a total loss.

B: How quickly many of you forgot what I did last year. I was not on MD shooters during the past few days, however my employees were active and let me know what was said. I busted my ass last year and donated money all over the place. Moreover, I do not follow anyone's marching orders. Not the NRAs, not the GOA, nor MSI, nor the MLFDA. For example, I worked on the petition for the referendum because I believed in it. I knew everyone was against it, but I believed in it and that's what I did. When everyone told me not to go to the anti gunners rallies and stir up trouble, I did it anyway. I wanted to confront these pricks face to face. I did the same thing with this gun. I even went down to Langley Park to get Hispanics to sign a petition against SB281. In the end, I truly believed we could make fencesitters and antis gun owners. I saw that lack of participation killed us last year, and that we need more of these people on our side. I would also like to add that NOT a dollar is left over from the money that was made from last year. I was forced to essentially start all over from square one due to reasons that I will not share here. When you guys talk about a boycott of someone who has worked so god damned hard and fought with you side by side, you show just how shallow and pathetic you are. Loyalty is everything in this world, and if you don't stand with someone who has stood by you then in my book you are the worst of worst. I have loyalty tattooed on me. I mean it, and I live it. I don't make shit here, trust me. I do this because I love it. We could sell out our inventory and I could go do something else. We build HBARs here simply to stick it to the antis and the pols who pushed SB281. That's who we are here. We stand by each other and fight.

C: To those people who say there wasn't a market. I received no less than 50 emails requesting the gun. I'm not naive. I sell guns for a ****ing living, I think I know what I can sell and what I cannot.

D: Both Chris Hayes and Sen. Weinberg stated publicly its time to repeal the law. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IMMENSE THAT IS. Two anti gunners agreed that its time to repeal a piece of gun control legislation. I fully understand the danger of this gun in a politicians hand. However that is the fight we make. We don't fight people trying to get guns, we fight the pols trying to infringe upon our right to bear them

E: I was aware of the NJ law a month ago. In February, the AG of NJ was notified that the law was in play due to the Oak Tree fiasco. The law was in play. Moreover, the only way to fight the law is to go it to go into play. Is that not the reason we were directed not to support the referendum? Moreover, where were all these people screaming when the law was passed? Where were all these people from all over the country when SB281 got passed? How did the NRA and GOA do to prevent it? How well did they do their job?

F: The technology is unreliable! I saw it! And guess what, if you listened to a word I said I said it was for people to go to the RANGE with. The RANGE. Not home defense, not LE, not mil. The RANGE, where malfunctions don't mean as much.

G: My video. Well, there's my video. You don't want to like me for it, that's fine. That's your bag baby. But nothing I said in that video could have screwed us anymore than we presently are. It didn't take smart gun to screw us here in MD or the people of NJ, just apathy.

That is all. Think what you will. If you don't want to come here then don't I respect your decision. We will still continue to fight in MD for what we believe in. We'll continue to bash MD about the legality of lowers and will be submitting even further things to the handgun roster board which will really challenge them. I also want to thank all the people who have come by, called, emailed, or posted in support of us. I love you guys. To those that bashed us and whatnot: We'll keep up the good fight, even if you're not standing beside us.

I'll keep this up for a couple days but then I'll take it down. I just felt there needs to be a personal explanation to fellow Marylanders.

I am going to think about this,

async

May 5, 2013
    Read a bit about what was going on - watched your video last night.

The only thing this whole fiasco proved was that there are crazies on both sides of the debate. What's completely messed up is that you got caught between them just for trying to bring a new product to a niche market made up of people who are interested in firearms but on the fence about owning one.

I'm pissed that you got death threats over the whole thing. Whoever was making the threats really makes all 2nd amendment supporters look bad - it adds nothing constructive to the debate, it was completely unacceptable, and whoever made those threats should be ashamed of themselves.

I've been your customer and I'll continue to be your customer as long as you're in the business. Keep your chin up; all this ******** will pass.

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    :clap: Very well said. I still need to get down there and get a t-shirt or something. Thanks for all or your support and for fighting the good fight.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Well said Andy. Those who crucify you don't know what happened, nor will they care. All they heard was what the papers reported, which was half truths.

Like I said in another post, I'll be down to see you and pick up the rail as soon as I can get some time away from work. Be sure to have an EA shirt in 4x for me.

Much love and support bro. Keep your chin up and don't let the BS get to you.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    Sherpa here still stands by you thick and thin. Freedom sounds like it is coming if SB281 is wanting to get repealed by Anti's. Guys keep supporting them, they fought for us and now you need to support them regardless of the hysterics you made from this. Less gun shops is not a good thing regardless of their specialization. Engage has always been here to help and the people have always been there to help us.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    This whole affair has been a giant black eye for the gun community.

You should be able to sell whatever you damn please. Doesn't mean anyone has to buy it or like it. If the 'thing' doesn't work reliably, the best way to get it to disappear is by showing what a piece of junk it is.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    You guys have always done right by me and I'll continue to support you. Hopefully my Form 4s will be in soon so I can have a reason to make the ride. Will need some other stufff you have while I'm there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom