• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wjt1169

The newest thread about Glocks made in the USA was from July, so I thought I'd just start a new one.

I picked up a USA made Glock 19 Gen 4 recently and I thought I'd show everyone the difference between it and its Austrian Glock 19 Gen 3 cousin...

US-Austria-Glockleft01-1500-B3_zps778555b0.jpg

GAglock01-1500-B3_zps7d2b5613.jpg

Note that on the side of the frame and slide you can find a proof mark in the shape of the State of Georgia on the US made version.

G19-barrelhoods01-1500-B3_zpsa6486dba.jpg

The proof mark is on the barrel hood too.

Anyone else pick up a US made Glock yet?

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Was there any solid info on why there are some stamped this way? Last I looked it was speculation. Everything from rare to just meeting demand.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Georgia made G19 gen4 was one of my last pre-Oct 1 buys.
    No complaints, works like it should...pull trigger it goes bang.

Ironically I picked it up on 11 Sept.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    These are very well taken pictures. Great composition and lighting. You won't happen to be a photographer by profession perchance?

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    While all my Glocks, including a recent purchase new Gen3 Model 21 are made in Austria, I think it is great that this fine firearm are now being produced here in the US of A. Anybody know the actual American made content of the weapon. Much like autos built here, many times components are sourced from outside the country. I about gagged when looking at the spec sheet on the window of a new Mustang GT and it listed "China" as the source of the 6-speed manual transmission:(

wjt1169

While all my Glocks, including a recent purchase new Gen3 Model 21 are made in Austria, I think it is great that this fine firearm are now being produced here in the US of A. Anybody know the actual American made content of the weapon. Much like autos built here, many times components are sourced from outside the country. I about gagged when looking at the spec sheet on the window of a new Mustang GT and it listed "China" as the source of the 6-speed manual transmission:(

IIRC from my armorer's class a year and a half ago, all the major parts (frame, slide, and barrel) on the USA Glocks are made here. I'm sure some of the smaller parts are still made in Austria. The magazines that came with this USA G23 were clearly made in Austria...

G23-USA-mags-FL01-1500-B3_zps0ebc7876.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom