• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just had ACL surgery today and laying here got me thinking about home defense. Aside from having a bright flashlight and an 18 round MK25 here next to me, I realize there is no home defense.
    Right now it is impossible for me to barely sit up quickly right now, let alone stand to address an issue. I couldn't imagine permanent disability.

So, that being said, I have no tips or hints at all for this type of situation.
    Just crutches, gun, and flashlight laying right next to the bed.

Anyone ever been presented with this and thought about it too?? What did you do? Do you know any hints at all?
    Heloise? Heloise?

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I had my ACL done in '98. You're up a creek for a while unless you leave it up to the significant other. I was too hopped up on Percs to care for the first few days.
    Take it easy. Listen to your Doc and get well.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I had my ACL done in '98. You're up a creek for a while unless you leave it up to the significant other. I was too hopped up on Percs to care for the first few days.
    Take it easy. Listen to your Doc and get well.

That's what everyone says. Do not over do anything, take the percs on schedule and listen to what they say.
    sleeping is gonna be a bitch tonite, but I got a lil sumthin' for that. I just need to start getting a little woozy and I'll call it a night.
    But I had a nice deep 90 minute nap earlier today :)

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I understand your situation, had gallbladder out a month ago. For the first few days could not move very well. Was basically living in my recliner, and with the pain meds didn't really want to keep a pistol with me. One night about 0200, was watching tv, everyone else was fast asleep, heard something moving on the porch, dragged my butt out of the chair to check it out (unarmed). Opened the front door and found three raccoons on the porch, two took off the third was in one of the porch chairs with a bag of chips that my granddaughter left out there staring at me. Told him to enjoy and went back to my recliner. Had it been anything worse I would have been screwed.

:D

Attachments

• W16Yo.jpg
      W16Yo.jpg
      57.8 KB · Views: 190

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Baby that knee and don't worry about home invasion. After all this is Maryland, how bad could it be? Seriously, don't over do the knee unless the PT girl says to, take it from a guy who had a knee and hip replacement by 50...revisions suck.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have had 2 ACLs done. Waiting for the whole replacement now. Going moth to month on the cortisone shots until then.
    Like people said, take it easy, listen to the doc. Don't be stupid.
    Heal well my friend....

BigBoiB

Jun 4, 2013
    MoCo, Md.... for now!
    Had the ACL in '98 and the total replacement in June of this year. Do what the dr and physical therapist tell you and ice it... ALOT!!

My ACL surgery was worse than the total replacement. Then again that surgery was a while ago. I do remember that the first weekhurt like hell and I really needed somone around to help with the basic things like getting food and clearing a path to the bathroom. After that it was basically just take it day by day and let it heal.

The total replacement was different. Surgery on a Monday morning, physical therapy that night while still in the hospital. The pain for that only lasted a couple days. It was more a nuisance than anything else by the end of the week.

As for home defense, I just kept a G21 in a sticky holster next to me in the recliner. There really wasn't much else I could do since I couldn't move quickly. It was still a better option than trying to get to it's nomal hiding spot. I did change one habit during that time and that was not keeping a round chambered. Moving around in the chair I just felt is was safer.

If you don't have one of these things. Grab something like it off Amazon. Cheap and comes in handy quite a bit.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    someone lent me one of these ice cooler circulating things. This is wonderful and where have these been all my life? OMG Genius.
    My initial bandage wrap I think is pretty thick and i am assuming thats why I cannot bend too much.

Attachments

• ice.jpg
      ice.jpg
      43 KB · Views: 161

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    someone lent me one of these ice cooler circulating things. This is wonderful and where have these been all my life? OMG Genius.
    My initial bandage wrap I think is pretty thick and i am assuming thats why I cannot bend too much.

Those are pretty nice. I think all the lawyers advertising about them has made people a little gun shy. Lawyers are why we can't have nice things....

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Those are pretty nice. I think all the lawyers advertising about them has made people a little gun shy. Lawyers are why we can't have nice things....

We need lawyers to lawyer common sense. I think the issue is that people went to sleep with these things running and they were frostbiting their areas.

I'll let it circulate about 20 mins or so and stop it 30 or 40 mins.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Get well soon Master Blaster.

Paint your nails. Eat lots of chili. Anyone that can resist being sick at the sight of your painted toenails will almost certainly succumb to the gassing.

I'd have gone for dogs and claymores but that was taken... Brilliant that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom