• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Just wondering if anyone has come across any Eotech deals for black Friday/cyber Monday. I'm looking to pick up a 512 for cheap. Thanks

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They had deals going last year but haven't seen anything this year yet. Maybe closer to Christmas. Check optics planet?

3gunnut

Sep 10, 2014
    Best recent deal I got was at Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring. They have a yearly one day sale in Oct ... Got a 512 for $339

10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    reviewed the Cabela's and Bass Pro ads last evening. I saw a special for Eotech in one or the other. Hope that helps.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Best recent deal I got was at Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring. They have a yearly one day sale in Oct ... Got a 512 for $339
    That is a damn good deal, hoping to get something in that price range.

IDF Holsters (run by Mako) is going a full 30% off this year. Mepro Tru-Dot for $280? Hell yes.

I've never shot one before so that is why I would worry about buying one, even at that price. I hear Mako makes good stuff, just not familiar with it personally.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Take30 is the code. Just went up on their home page. I've been reading reviews and this may be bought if I can't find a good eotech deal. Wish it had an outer ring for close up like the eotech tho.
    I shot my Tru-Dot side by side with an Eotech 553. The Eotech reticle is marginally better at distance, if only because the center dot is smaller. However, I didn't find the Tru-Dot difficult to shoot with at distances, as that 1.8MOA dot is a great compromise between speed of acquisition and distance shooting.

Speed of dot acquisition was about the same, IMHO. A good repeatable cheek weld is what helped the most. I assume, with training, the Eotech might be slightly better for CQB due to being able to aim to the bottom of the circle.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Will my Aimpoint 3x play well with the Eotech 553?

Yes, depending on the magnifier's mount height. You end up with a small round circle over a big square hole. Functional but not pretty. Some people have complained about POI shift problems with that setup. The Aimpoint eye opening is a tiny porthole compared to the huge opening on the EOTech magnifier (maintains rectangular field of view).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom