• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cwalker3

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Forest Hill, Harford County
    This is a Romanian Tokarev I picked up from SOG the other day. The ad listed them as being in very good to excellent condition and they didn't lie. This one looks almost like it was unissued. Barrel is beautiful. Fit and function are great except the safety is rather hard to operate. All numbers are matching. Manufacture date is 1953. Trigger is very smooth and light. And something that is important to me is the gun fits my hand just perfectly. I ordered some ammo yesterday since I can't find what I know I have laying around here somewhere. Can't wait to shoot it. Have a look.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    My Romanian Tok from SOG is scheduled to be delivered today. I forgot that my wife is off for the holiday and I will have her sign for it. I hope she doesn't ask a lot of questions :) Most of my purchase have flown under the radar but this one is going to be different. Good thing is that it is only a $220 purchase unlike the Garands.....

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Very nice. The safety on mine is also very stiff. I think these pistols were unissued, or close to it, and will require some break-in to get them really running smoothly.

My safety was also Stiff, my Romanian Tokarev TTC came from J&G and was a 1953, Pulled the Safety out and found a lot of gunk in the spring, clean everything, lubed with little oil reassembled and it 100% smoother.

Last edited:

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I really do need to schedule some time to shoot. I have been buying rifles, pistols and ammo but really have not had the time or made the time to go shooting. I used to be a member of Freestate and can shoot there but don't have access to a rifle range that is close by.

This is sad and I know that I am going to be flamed but I have two Garands, one from November of last year that I have not fired yet. I have waited all of my life to get one, mess with it monthly but it has not left the house. Shamefull:sad20:

cwalker3

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Forest Hill, Harford County
    My Tok arrived today and it looks just like the rest I think. Mine is a little newer than yours born in 1956. Really clean!

Another very pretty Tok. I hope they all shoot as good as they look. I have been reading some not so good reviews on them. We'll see. I always seem to find bad reviews on guns that I buy but they never seem to apply to the one I got.

My safety was also Stuff, my Romanian Tokarev TTC came from J&G and was a 1953, Pulled the Safety out and found a lot of gunk in the spring, clean everything, lubed with little oil reassembled and it 100% smoother.

Mine seems to be binding on the grip. I think with use it will get better.

Great pistol !

Let's go shooting with our Toks !

Just waiting for some ammo to arrive. Hopefully next week.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    I have been reading some not so good reviews on them. We'll see. I always seem to find bad reviews on guns that I buy but they never seem to apply to the one I got.

Reviews are write by girly bougouis woman-boy who like caress of glock of bakelite and never have make feel of 7.62x25 to allow grow into man and not hide in kitchen with mother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom