HK VP9 owner's and potential owners- who's new to HK? If not what other models?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thai

May 8, 2013
    Just out of curiosity, owners and potential owners:

Is this your first HK?

If not how many HKs do you have?

I will probably not purchase a VP9 because I do not like striker fired pistols.

But...I do have a USP40 FS since 1995. I do not know how many thousands of rounds have shot through her, probably 5-7000. The stock trigger is so smooth at this stage. I also have a USP9 FS and a USP45 TACTICAL FS.

I also have a USP9 COMPACT and a USP45 FS sitting at Bollinger's waiting to be picked up as soon as MDSP hurry up with my damn HQL (submitted 11/17/14) license. Then I can get my $400 rebate for maybe a Mark 23.

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    Just out of curiosity, owners and potential owners:

Is this your first HK?

If not how many HKs do you have?

I will probably not purchase a VP9 because I do not like striker fired pistols.

But...I do have a USP40 FS since 1995. I do not know how many thousands of rounds have shot through her, probably 5-7000. The stock trigger is so smooth at this stage. I also have a USP9 FS and a USP45 TACTICAL FS.

I also have a USP9 COMPACT and a USP45 FS sitting at Bollinger's waiting to be picked up as soon as MDSP hurry up with my damn HQL (submitted 11/17/14) license. Then I can get my $400 rebate for maybe a Mark 23.

I have my heart sent on the VP9 LE version and have been waiting weeks for someone to get one in = I just received an email tonight that a guy in PA has one coming tomorrow - 690 shipped to my FFL, and I can pay him in person and take the mags with me

thai

May 8, 2013
    I have my heart sent on the VP9 LE version and have been waiting weeks for someone to get one in = I just received an email tonight that a guy in PA has one coming tomorrow - 690 shipped to my FFL, and I can pay him in person and take the mags with me

That is pretty kool with the PA dealer allowing you to take receive of the magazines personally. That is a great idea, in the future I will search for PA dealers more carefully.

I was able to secure my standard capacity magazines by having out of state dealers send my magazines to an alternate out of state address for me to pick up. I will take delivery of my loot from Bollinger's sans magazines. That is as soon as I get my damn HQL out of HQL jail!

thai

May 8, 2013
    I have a usp9. It's okay, but I like me some 1911 a bit more

My daughter, 10, loves to shoot my USP9. She is actually really good with it much to my surprise. My brother was shocked when he saw her shooting it and hitting the bullseye consistently at 7 yards. After a couple 1000 rounds, the trigger on the USPs really smooth out. I find my 9mm to be exceptionally accurate and I prefer it as my night stand pistol overe my P226.

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    After purchasing my VP9 in July, I finally picked it up this past week from A1. I plan to pick up a VP40 and VP45 once they are released as well.

I currently own a USPc9 (bought used from The Gun Shop) and a USPc40 (first handgun from Realco Gun-new) and plan to pickup a USPct45 before the rebate ends. I've never had a single issue with my USP's, and doubt I will with the VP9 if quality has remained the same.

I love the hammer fired, but after seeing that crazy torture test on the Glock compared to the HK hammer fired handguns, I've been wanting a striker fired HK for a long time. I picked up a Gen4 G21 and had nothing but issues with it, so the VP9 is a dream come true. My only complaint is the channel/groove in the trigger guard that the trigger pivots in. The edges are sharp and can do some damage if you're not wearing gloves. It's not so bad once you de-burr it, but they should add a 45deg chamfer to the injection mold design so the end user doesn't have to.

Now if I can just find a shop in PA/NoVa that carry 15 rounders, I'll be good to go!

Attachments

• 20141202_153308.jpg
      20141202_153308.jpg
      98.6 KB · Views: 608

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    There is no reason for them not to - the smaller guys will do it, the big chain stores will not. Alternatively he was willing to ship it with mags to the ffl but then he would have had to mail out of state so why not just drive there in the 1st place... I save a little by paying in cash and I have a company car so I dont pay for gas

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    After purchasing my VP9 in July, I finally picked it up this past week from A1. I plan to pick up a VP40 and VP45 once they are released as well.

I currently own a USPc9 (bought used from The Gun Shop) and a USPc40 (first handgun from Realco Gun-new) and plan to pickup a USPct45 before the rebate ends. I've never had a single issue with my USP's, and doubt I will with the VP9 if quality has remained the same.

I love the hammer fired, but after seeing that crazy torture test on the Glock compared to the HK hammer fired handguns, I've been wanting a striker fired HK for a long time. I picked up a Gen4 G21 and had nothing but issues with it, so the VP9 is a dream come true. My only complaint is the channel/groove in the trigger guard that the trigger pivots in. The edges are sharp and can do some damage if you're not wearing gloves. It's not so bad once you de-burr it, but they should add a 45deg chamfer to the injection mold design so the end user doesn't have to.

Now if I can just find a shop in PA/NoVa that carry 15 rounders, I'll be good to go!

bnich82 maybe I can get your help to do mine when I get it. I have 2 sigs now and I have small hands so the grips never feel firmly seated. When I held the vp9 it was perfect fit. Also, with the DA/SA my first shots are always way off with the double trigger pull so I wanted to try the striker fire so I can stop manually cocking the hammer at the range.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Bnich82,

Man that VP9 just exudes quality. It is a perfect evolution of the HK P30! That is a real kool lookin striker fired pistol.

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    Thai I agree - the only thing people seem not to like as much are the sights - which is why I am getting the LE version with the factory installed night sights

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    Thai I agree - the only thing people seem not to like as much are the sights - which is why I am getting the LE version with the factory installed night sights

Mike- They offer a factory model with night sights other than the LE version. Mine was a standard version with 2 10 round magazines, but I opted to have HK USA install the TRU GLO night sights for me before delivery...

Still trying to figure out how to de-burr that groove without messing anything up...as soon as I come up with a solution I will shoot you a PM!:thumbsup:

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    The vp9 I shot had meprolight big dot sights on it on hiviz orange and yellow. It gave a great sight picture. That's the route I plan to take.

mikebalt

Nov 4, 2014
    Catonsville, MD
    I went to PA to pay for mine today and took the mags with me.. .695 out the door including shipping.. not a bad price. Add in 30.00 xfer fee that I am being charge and I am happy...

thai

May 8, 2013
    I went to PA to pay for mine today and took the mags with me.. .695 out the door including shipping.. not a bad price. Add in 30.00 xfer fee that I am being charge and I am happy...

Hey Mike,
    Can you shoot me a quick PM and disclose the PA vendor that you purchase your LE VP9 with 15rds×2 magazines? After I get the $400 rebates, I may use for my first striker fired pistol. Thank God it's an HK! Thanks in advance.
    -Thai

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Is it just me or is this almost identical to the ppq?

Good looking handgun, just did a double take when I saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom