• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 38 (32 members and 8 guests)

Never seen this ratio before..

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    A reminder that what is posted online does not come down:

js0c3o.jpg

Some disgusting anti- comments on that page. :puke2:
    https://www.facebook.com/CoalitiontoStopGunViolence

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    I am not an engage customer. Not for any particular reason either, just not buying anymore until I can move back to America. That said, they can stock and sell any legal product that they wish. It is a business decision, and believe it or not, people are not in business to sell any given product, but to make money. That is the end goal. His choice, and his customers choice to buy or not.

As far as the "smart gun" goes, I am firmly against it. The company that makes it has questionable ethics (There is a post on engages facebook page from a German guy that lays it out pretty well) There is no reason to suppose that they would not use similar tactics here either (Buy a politician or two, and have it made mandatory) What about liability? He sells it, it fails to go bang on command, who gets sued? I will never own a gun that can fail to operate due to a hidden kill switch or battery failure...I also firmly believe that aiding and abetting the antis by promoting a product like this hurts our side.
    It plays into their hands by promoting a technology that can and will be used against us.

It IS STILL HIS RIGHT TO STOCK IT AND SELL IT IF HE WISHES!!!!! If I don't want to buy it I won't. But to threaten him, his family and his business is wrong. Vote with your wallet if you want, but never ever make business personal. That is a tactic of our enemies, and its disgraceful that it would be used by people on OUR side.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Actually it's one of the best gun stores in the state IMO. Friendly, competent, fair, very customer oriented.

But it's your right to not shop there. It is a business decision for both buyer and seller.

This is what it's all about. The seller decides what's best for his/her business, the buyer decides what's in his/her best interests. We've had a similar vigorous debate about CTD. Decisions are made, decisions have consequenses both good and bad. The buyers and sellers clarify those decisions quite well over time.

Ineedone

Apr 14, 2013
    Everyone at engage is top notch and I'll continue to shop there. This escalated quickly, he apologized now move on. Thanks for my E4.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    While I'm sympathetic to the NJ argument, I'm absolutely appalled by the death threats to Andy. As others have said this reinforces in the anti minds that we're all a bunch of gun nuts. Those who sent death threats have done great damage to our cause, as this already has, and will continue to be, used against us.

Whether or not the NJ law has or has not already been triggered is at the moment a hypothetical discussion - to be played out by future actions of the NJ Attorney General and by subsequent lawsuits. But that our community now looks like a bunch of dangerous thugs that can't be trusted with firearms, that we would even kill one of our own (and how much more them), and consequently (in their minds) that future legislation further restricting our rights, monitoring our activities, and controlling our lives - well I think that damage is real, immediate, and long-lasting.

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    I am sorry to see that Andy backed down. It is not right to threaten him for making a lawful business decision.

Having said so, had he decided to sell the smart gun, I have to say that's one business he will not get from me.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    What a mess. Plenty of fodder for the grabbers... :(

When's the BBQ at Engage?

Just heard mention of this on WTOP radio.... The end quote was "what's the big deal? It's not like people HAVE to buy smart guns". That needed a "YET" on the end.

There you go again with that word again.. ;) I see what you did there. :D

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    I leave home for a couple of days and this is what I come back to...

I had a long post planned, but at this point, I'm just too angry to really say anything meaningful.

A year ago, I sent out emails to legislators talking about how gun owners are reasonable, normal people and then some internet tough guys pull cowardly, disgusting bullsh-t like this... And guess who's going to be on the evening news tonight?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    While I'm sympathetic to the NJ argument, I'm absolutely appalled by the death threats to Andy. As others have said this reinforces in the anti minds that we're all a bunch of gun nuts. Those who sent death threats have done great damage to our cause, as this already has, and will continue to be, used against us.

Whether or not the NJ law has or has not already been triggered is at the moment a hypothetical discussion - to be played out by future actions of the NJ Attorney General and by subsequent lawsuits. But that our community now looks like a bunch of dangerous thugs that can't be trusted with firearms, that we would even kill one of our own (and how much more them), and consequently (in their minds) that future legislation further restricting our rights, monitoring our activities, and controlling our lives - well I think that damage is real, immediate, and long-lasting.

Did anyone stop to consider that maybe the death threats were being made by *Bloomberg* followers to discredit pro-2A people?

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    That pic is likely to become the stock photo when any msm mentions assault weapons. Andy didn't do our side any favors with what he was saying in that screen capture.

But What is really sad is that supposed 2ndA defenders are responsible for this blowing up. Posters here even provided the fuel for the fire. Unfortunately for Andy, he and engage are the face of this fiasco.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Did anyone stop to consider that maybe the death threats were being made by *Bloomberg* followers to discredit pro-2A people?

Too much tinfoil. They know they don't have to - we (generic 'we' as in 'gun owners', not 'we' here at MDS) eat our own at the first scent of deviation from the party line. It's a sad day when a man at the forefront of 2A advocacy, trying to increase firearms exposure in the non-gun-owning segment of the population, is accused of apostasy and heresy.

For what it's worth, I stand with Andy. When's the BBQ/T-shirt buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom