• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I understand the need for freedom of choice, it's when it becomes a requirement that i have issue with it such as the HQL.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I certainly believe in freedom of choice. If people feel more comfortable having a "smart gun", then there should be a place where they can buy one. The problem isn't with the gun shops, it is with the legislators who make laws that all guns need to be smart guns. The technology is here. They know it. Gun shops selling it or not selling it will not make a difference in the laws they make. It's a ballsy move on the part of Engage. I am sure there will be people who won't go there anymore. I have bought guns there, and will in the future.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Engage.. You guys are genius. If nothing else you guys are making national news.

The Smart Gun is not for me, but my Engage Rifle kicks ass. :)

Metaterra

Jun 28, 2008
    Annapolis, MD
    I don't find the concept of a smart gun evil, but I do foresee attempts to force the technology on all guns

I agree. I would never buy one myself. I work in IT and the idea of my life depending on some piece of consumer electronics is pretty horrifying.

There will certainly be ill advised legislation to require that all guns use this technology. It is another front for the gun grabbers. But the tech is here. We will have to add explanation of the pitfalls of this to all the other explanations of basic firearms use for people who might be swayed by disinformation from antis. That battle never stops.

And when the legislation is proposed I'd suggest adding amendments that make it mandatory for LEOs and the military as well. If it's safe and effective then everyone should want it built in, right? Remember: it's for the children.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If we truly care about rights, then we should also support Engage's right to sell what they wish. Anything else is hypocrisy IMO.

That's FREEDOM.

Yes I am a happy and very satisfied Engage customer.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I certainly believe in freedom of choice. If people feel more comfortable having a "smart gun", then there should be a place where they can buy one. The problem isn't with the gun shops, it is with the legislators who make laws that all guns need to be smart guns. The technology is here. They know it. Gun shops selling it or not selling it will not make a difference in the laws they make. It's a ballsy move on the part of Engage. I am sure there will be people who won't go there anymore. I have bought guns there, and will in the future.

If we truly care about rights, then we should also support Engage's right to sell what they wish. Anything else is hypocrisy IMO.

That's FREEDOM.

Yes I am a happy and very satisfied Engage customer.

Exactly.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Let the market decide. If you don't want the smart gun to be commercially successful, don't buy it and convince your friends to do the same. If you want to show Engage that stocking smart guns might cause them to be boycotted, then do the same.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm not really sure why anyone would not shop at Engage based off of selling "smart guns".

It's not like some anti is going to walk in, see it, and have a light bulb go off. There anti's have full time lobbyist that know the technology is out there and coming. Engage having one on the shelf isn't going to change that.

That ideology is just lost on me. No different then telling people not to talk about what "evil" guns are still able to be sold in MD. As if some how the anti's aren't able to go into a gun shop or do their own research on the matter.

Wait didn't Chad invent the smart gun?

May 13, 2005
    I stand with Andy!!!

The market will make the life or death choice.

And if the 'market' doesn't support it, I have no doubt that the MD .Gov will buy any and all of his stock with our tax dollars to make a point and say the market supports this new technology...:rolleyes:

I bet Frosh would be happy to buy the first one right out of Andy's hands.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Andy isn't to blame for anything. Like it or not, we face the inevitable forward march of technology, and every advance is followed by the antis crafting ways to use each development to jam more laws down on us. Keep your eye on the ball...the antis who use any excuse, any opportunity, to advance their cause.

The technology itself is an addition to the arsenal, and that's a good thing. Just like microstamping, however, the antis will attempt to mandate this technology, thus turning it into a restriction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom