• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They got some cool stuff to look at but everything is super expensive and Ive seen a few guns that like twice the price that you can find em at The Gun Shop or other places nearby.

There is one older guy there that used to get on my nerves and wears goofy tactical vests and always mentions that he can do stuff and you cant because he is law enforcement, and I honestly dont know if he is or not. This guy tried to explain to me that you couldnt even carry a magazine with ammunition in it because it displays intent to carry a loaded weapon(unless your law enforcement like him). There was an Uzi behind the counter and he explained to some guy that he couldnt own one with a short barrel but he himself could have one because he was law enforcement.[/QUOTE]

He told me he was a contracted U.S. MArshall working in a unit in the city. Blah blah blah bragged about it the entire time and then proceeded to try and sell me a Glock 23 for 675 dollars. I laughed and walked out. Guy was a squirrel if ive ever seen one.

:lol2: Next time tell him there is no such thing as a "contract US Marshall." :crazy: There are security guard companies who guard some federal facilities in the city and their contracts are handled by the marshalls, but they are not US Marshalls in any way, shape, or form. And I really don't think they give them letterhead to purchase NFA weapons either.
    lolrun.gif
    They might get a coupon for 10% off some pepper spray at Gauls if they're lucky.
    gayfight.gif

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    Actually I have had excellent service at scotts gunsmithg Arundel firearms and A and D pawn. Also hafers in hagerstown. The worst experience I had was at dicks.

Big-Block

Dec 3, 2010
    My close friend shot a 22 caliber rifle off in their store accidentally one year and they handled it quite well. I came in asked to see a particular 22 rifle that the clerk pulled down from the rack and watched as he opened the bolt to see if the chamber was empty. What we both did not know was that the gun had a broken ejector and the bolt slid right over a round that had been left in the chamber frtom the original owner when he pulled the bolt back. He he said check how slick the hammer was, so my friend held the rifle straight to the ceiling and shot a hole in their roof amongst a crowd of pale expression-less patrons. He then handed the weapon back and we both walked out as soon as things cooled down. I've been in since but never handled a long gun from them again.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    Yeah. I wouldn't go to them again. I had paid an extra $25 to rent their gun and ammo and only shot 5 rounds. Last 15 minutes of the range time, the instructors made the class wait while they practiced their own shooting. They didn't even ask if anyone wanted to shoot again.

I don't have a problem with the NRA,if it is the same instructer that is iffiliated with Just Guns forget it, assclown, sorry for the folks that like it there but i was was treated like crap there, they don't need my money, when its good i buy, I'll stick with Christian Soldier, I would like to check out gun Connection, sound like nice folks.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I just want to clarify.....I didn't know if what I saw was a SP or not? I had an opportunity to speak to a reputable FFL today who I know would tell me straight up. According to the FFL, since they were married everything I saw was legal.

Since I'm not in the business I don't know the ins and outs. This was a definite positive experience for me. A good FFL owner will ask the right questions and determine if this is a SP or not.

A few of you here were quick to point out the FFL knows the buyers (both husband and wife). You're probably right I just took it for small talk but I'm certain this FFL asked the right questions to make sure the firearm did not end up in a prohibited person.

booker

Apr 5, 2008
    Baltimore
    I won't say anything bad about their business. I've been in the shop before but never made a transaction. Received an indifferent attitude, but I didn't ask any questions or even ask to handle one of the items for sale. Was just looking.

If you don't mind a short drive, I suggest Jack at Jacks Gun Works in Havre de Grace. He's a good guy, can order anything you want, and has competitive prices. He's a local one-man shop, and it doesn't hurt to support that every chance you can.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    No Gunsmith as of the last time I was in. He wants to sell Retail rather than do a transfer. Seems to be an OK guy and has a good selection but prices are high.

He will only offer bottom line on a trade "His is Gold, yours is Lead"

Unless it is Ammo or an item he failed to know the value on, look elsewhere. If you do buy, unless things have changed, he has no Gunsmith and if there is a problem with the Weapon, you are on your own.

I purchased a .22 from him about a year back, I found it had a bad trigger, returned it to him for repair. After he had it for two Weeks I went back for it and found he had no one to repair it?

I advise look elsewhere.

Ed

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    No Gunsmith as of the last time I was in. He wants to sell Retail rather than do a transfer. Seems to be an OK guy and has a good selection but prices are high.

He will only offer bottom line on a trade "His is Gold, yours is Lead"

Unless it is Ammo or an item he failed to know the value on, look elsewhere. If you do buy, unless things have changed, he has no Gunsmith and if there is a problem with the Weapon, you are on your own.

I purchased a .22 from him about a year back, I found it had a bad trigger, returned it to him for repair. After he had it for two Weeks I went back for it and found he had no one to repair it?

I advise look elsewhere.

Ed

Are we speaking of the last one mentioned or the one the OP mentioned? only reason I ask is because people are talking about like 3 different shops.

WildWiz

Jan 3, 2010
    Perry Hall
    just guns

Regarding "Just Guns" It depends who waits on you. Most are just OK, one gentleman is a real Jewel, he takes the time to show you anything you want, answerers all your questions, and he seems honest & knowledgeable. Then there is one younger fellow who is an arrogant twit, he claims to be a Balto City police officer, it seems his whole gig is to put you down in order to bring himself up. I avoid doing business with him, and usually look around for the other gentleman I spoke of earlier. I think the twit no longer works there. He just acted like a bully toward all the customers & he seemed so proud of his behavior. Just makes me wonder, is Balto. City so desperate for police that they would hire people of this caliber? Yes I agree with the other poster who mentioned "The Gun Shop" in Essex, great prices, good attitude

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Are we speaking of the last one mentioned or the one the OP mentioned? only reason I ask is because people are talking about like 3 different shops.

I was gonna say that couldn't possibly be Jack's. He is the sole proprietor and he is a gunsmith, plus his workshop is the gun shop. I've had work done there and I would also highly recommend Jack for either gunsmithing or purchases.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I was gonna say that couldn't possibly be Jack's. He is the sole proprietor and he is a gunsmith, plus his workshop is the gun shop. I've had work done there and I would also highly recommend Jack for either gunsmithing or purchases.

Yah I was a bit confused, Im assuming he means just guns because that fits the description, Jack does quite a bit of gunsmithing and I am pretty sure I remember years back going into Just Guns when they first opened up and I remember one of the guys explaining to me how the gunsmith could not enter the store or something. Anybody remember when the reporters were up there and the other gun store next to them closed up shop? I dont know the entire story but I think the place next door used to be valley gun and when they were forced to close that had something to do with Just Guns opening up where they are at now. Just speculating I am really not certain how all that went down but the whole lack of gunsmith thing reminded me of that.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Yah I was a bit confused, Im assuming he means just guns because that fits the description, Jack does quite a bit of gunsmithing and I am pretty sure I remember years back going into Just Guns when they first opened up and I remember one of the guys explaining to me how the gunsmith could not enter the store or something. Anybody remember when the reporters were up there and the other gun store next to them closed up shop? I dont know the entire story but I think the place next door used to be valley gun and when they were forced to close that had something to do with Just Guns opening up where they are at now. Just speculating I am really not certain how all that went down but the whole lack of gunsmith thing reminded me of that.

IIRC Just Guns opened and took over the inventory from Valley when they lost their FFL. The Brady Bunch whined and cried because the Just Guns store property was being leased from Sandy Abrams' mother and they wanted the whole inventory from Valley to be forfeit to the furnace.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    My close friend shot a 22 caliber rifle off in their store accidentally one year and they handled it quite well. I came in asked to see a particular 22 rifle that the clerk pulled down from the rack and watched as he opened the bolt to see if the chamber was empty. What we both did not know was that the gun had a broken ejector and the bolt slid right over a round that had been left in the chamber frtom the original owner when he pulled the bolt back. He he said check how slick the hammer was, so my friend held the rifle straight to the ceiling and shot a hole in their roof amongst a crowd of pale expression-less patrons. He then handed the weapon back and we both walked out as soon as things cooled down. I've been in since but never handled a long gun from them again.

Rule #1- All guns are always loaded.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    IIRC Just Guns opened and took over the inventory from Valley when they lost their FFL. The Brady Bunch whined and cried because the Just Guns store property was being leased from Sandy Abrams' mother and they wanted the whole inventory from Valley to be forfeit to the furnace.

I did not know about the complaints after they got Valley's property. I knew some guns had Sandy's tags on them.

I feel good for doing business with them and probably pissing some antis off.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008

Actually it was Walters Gun Chamber that I modified the ceiling with a rifle.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Agree with what's been said about Jack's Gun Works in Havre de Grace. Bought my first handgun there back in October (Ruger GP100); once you find the shop it's like being in another era; no locked doors, friendly service, lots of weapons to choose from, competitive prices, a real stree-free experience. Highly recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom