• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Does BCM make MD compliant uppers? Obviously I need an HBAR, but I can't find it on their website. Thanks for the help in advanced :D If there is already a forum if you can point me in the direction!

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Does BCM make MD compliant uppers? Obviously I need an HBAR, but I can't find it on their website. Thanks for the help in advanced :D If there is already a forum if you can point me in the direction!
    Short answer is no...

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Go to Engage and have them build you an HBAR with a White Oak barrel; you'll end up with a rig just as good if not better...

I've owned BCM gear and I really don't understand the draw. 5-6 years ago their products were discernibly better, but the quality spread between manufacturers has narrowed significantly in the past few years.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Matt,
    Here is my suggestion: do an SBR build. Buy lower, submit a Form1, wait 3 to 4 months and get a BCM upper of your choice in any configuration under 16" ! Problem solved.

I believe BCM make the best light weight uppers. Mine is a 12.5" and was flawless out 9f the box at $700, a damn bargain compared to my LWRC uppers that are $1800+.

I have a friend that just had Engage build him a rifle. Long story short, he spent 3 hours at Haps Baker trying to feed it a hundred rounds to even get a first feed to fire and not a single consecutive second shot was possible. The procedure ran like this:
    Insert half full magazine, release bolt, aim and squeeze trigger-click!-failure to fire, remove magazine,, pull back charging handle-round does not eject - bolt comes back empty-cartridge stuck in chamber, release charging handle from rear most position being careful to NOT RIDE charging handle forward, aim and squeeze trigger-round discharges - sometimes eject sometimes FTE.

After three hours in his basement he kept trying to feed live rounds and ejecting to make certain the extractor captures the cartridge in the the first attempt. This is very unsafe, he is a new firearms enthusiasts and I warned him repeated of the dangers of doing this. But he is busy and hard headed and does not have time to take it back to Engage so he is self diagnosing. Terrible idea.

I don't fault Engage for building a rifle with issues, but when you build a rifle with hodge podge parts you will invariably run into issues like this. And the trouble of diagnosing the problem and trying to get five different manufacturers of each part to take responsibility is time consuming and a pain in the ass. I told him to purchase a complete upper by BCM and be done with it.

I also told my friend to stop screwing around with the rifle and take it back to Engage. They can't fix any issue they don't know about. So we'll go shooting this weekend and see if he has Eff'd his Engage built rifle any further.

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    form 1 it and put what ever upper you want on it. Md is shall sign, so outside of the 200 cost, there is really no reason not to.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Matt,
    Here is my suggestion: do an SBR build. Buy lower, submit a Form1, wait 3 to 4 months and get a BCM upper of your choice in any configuration under 16" ! Problem solved.

I believe BCM make the best light weight uppers. Mine is a 12.5" and was flawless out 9f the box at $700, a damn bargain compared to my LWRC uppers that are $1800+.

I have a friend that just had Engage build him a rifle. Long story short, he spent 3 hours at Haps Baker trying to feed it a hundred rounds to even get a first feed to fire and not a single consecutive second shot was possible. The procedure ran like this:
    Insert half full magazine, release bolt, aim and squeeze trigger-click!-failure to fire, remove magazine,, pull back charging handle-round does not eject - bolt comes back empty-cartridge stuck in chamber, release charging handle from rear most position being careful to NOT RIDE charging handle forward, aim and squeeze trigger-round discharges - sometimes eject sometimes FTE.

After three hours in his basement he kept trying to feed live rounds and ejecting to make certain the extractor captures the cartridge in the the first attempt. This is very unsafe, he is a new firearms enthusiasts and I warned him repeated of the dangers of doing this. But he is busy and hard headed and does not have time to take it back to Engage so he is self diagnosing. Terrible idea.

I don't fault Engage for building a rifle with issues, but when you build a rifle with hodge podge parts you will invariably run into issues like this. And the trouble of diagnosing the problem and trying to get five different manufacturers of each part to take responsibility is time consuming and a pain in the ass. I told him to purchase a complete upper by BCM and be done with it.

I also told my friend to stop screwing around with the rifle and take it back to Engage. They can't fix any issue they don't know about. So we'll go shooting this weekend and see if he has Eff'd his Engage built rifle any further.

Where is he located? We will 100% back anything we build, if he has trouble getting down to us I may be able to figure something out.

To be fair, we have fixed a number of BCM uppers to make them run. Not an excuse by any means just an observation. Email me at Nate@engagearmament.com and I will do everything in my power to make it right.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Matt,

Unfortunately I'm only 20 years old so I can't buy the lower or SBR..... If I hadn't got stationed here and stayed in Texas I wouldn't have to worry about what kind of upper I used and this stupid 29OAL.......:sad20:

thai

May 8, 2013
    Hey Nate,
    I was at your shop last week and you are very pleasant to deal deal with. I know you stand behind your work. I don't even think the issue is with your putting the Firearm together. You assembled the lower, upper, barrel, and everything in between. I really believe that the issue has to do with either the bolt or the chamber. My brother in law says it is feeding better now and he is able to extract after chambering a cartridge. The nut doesn't respect the dangers of continuously feeding a live round into his rifle in his basement. I offered him some snap caps but he says he doesn't need it.
    We'll go shooting this weekend and if the issue still arise, I will implore him to visit you before he really does have an accident.

He is only in Gaithersburg and you guys also did a tranfer for him on an M6A2 LWRC previously. He loves the AR15 you built, I really have no idea why he doesn't take an hour to go by your shop. Both the lower and upper has your " e " logo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom