• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Well took 8 days to finally get a bear on my cam/bait...and what do I do? I delete the pic!! I had to download a recovery program which works quite well! Heres the first pic. If she doesn't have cubs she's fair game! I had bait out for spring bear and I didn't have any bear get into it....this spot looks promising!

Attachments

• bear.JPG
      bear.JPG
      127.6 KB · Views: 1,967

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I had a bear burger at a friends place once and it was really good! My friends are the ones giving me hunting tips for bears. This will be the first time I kill a bear...Lord willing I get to kill one.

I'd pay to watch you drag the carcass out of the woods. Deer are bad enough to drag out.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I'd pay to watch you drag the carcass out of the woods. Deer are bad enough to drag out.

:lol2: Been there done that...got a game cart...only bad thing is I cant leave it in my truck or it might get stolen...yeah luckily the bait isnt far from where I park...I just hope the bear doesn't run far when I shoot it!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Great picture, glad you were able to recover it.

Had a slow roasted bear roast that was great !

sounds good...I went out tonight but nothing was hitting the bait...I'll say bear hunting is a test of patience! :lol2: you just never know when they will be around. Hopefully I can get them coming in more consistently. Im not going to be too picky...other than a yearling or a momma with cubs (which is illegal anyways) Im going to shoot one regardless of size.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    sounds good...I went out tonight but nothing was hitting the bait...I'll say bear hunting is a test of patience! :lol2: you just never know when they will be around. Hopefully I can get them coming in more consistently. Im not going to be too picky...other than a yearling or a momma with cubs (which is illegal anyways) Im going to shoot one regardless of size.

So what are you using for bear bait? I've heard glazed donuts is the best bear bait. I'm sure the bruins would love molasses as much as I do.
    If the bruin appears to have small ears...he's a biggie.

I had high hopes on my 5th year attempt at a Maryland bear tag; but no luck this year.

Good luck bear hunting....wish I was there to help you drag him out if you scored.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    So what are you using for bear bait? I've heard glazed donuts is the best bear bait. I'm sure the bruins would love molasses as much as I do.
    If the bruin appears to have small ears...he's a biggie.

I had high hopes on my 5th year attempt at a Maryland bear tag; but no luck this year.

Good luck bear hunting....wish I was there to help you drag him out if you scored.
    Im using table scraps,bread, donuts, popcorn. I have popcorn in the barrel and it knocked it over getting to it...I just hope to get one. I believe I will its just a matter of patience and time. They run dogs out here in a week so that will get the bears moving.

IF YOU TAKE OUT YOGI, WHO IS BOO BOO GONNA LOOK UP TO?

LOL

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I remember my dad wrapping a bear roast with bacon and it tasted pretty good! Of course everything taste good w/bacon!
    :lol:

wilcam47: what caliber/gun will you be using?

Well I have my trusty .270 The bear aren't real big here so I don't think it would be a problem... but I take my bow in as well...Its open for elk and deer for bow...bear is any weapon. So if by chance a deer or bull/spike elk comes through...I'll definitely shoot them with a bow...I might consider shooting a bear with my bow depending on if I have a good shot or not. Im 20-30yds from the bait so its no problem for my bow...just see how my nerves/bear fever holds up:lol2:

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    If you shoot a deer or elk leave the guts n carcass there for bait as well. Pouring some vanilla extract and anise on the bait pile will help bring bears in from far away when they get in the scent stream. Honey burns are also effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom