Official February 6th day of event thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phipp13

May 20, 2011
    Point Lookout MD
    My son and I just got home from Annapolis, What a great turnout today! We can beat these gun grabbing politicins at their own game. We have to keep the pressure on them and let them know if they support this bill HB281 in any part of it's form we will see them in 2016 and WE WILL NOT FORGET! Sign that bill and know they have just committed political suicide!!!!

zeddm91/30

Oct 11, 2009
    Reliance MD
    I thank you all for going and supporting!!! I wish I could have been there but my work requires 30 days notice to take off. I had already taken for the 8th if anyone knows if it's still happening

Bazooka

Feb 15, 2009
    I was in line from 12 until about 530. When I finally got to sign there was still another 100 or so people in line.

Thanks to whoever was passing out the office numbers of the Senators.

Thanks to MSI for keeing us informed.

I heard numerous people that appeared to work in the building say they have never seen anything like this.

Thwack22

Aug 8, 2012
    NoVa
    I'm not a Maryland resident but I do belong to AGC and feel this was important enough to drive out from Virginia to catch the rally and show support. Glad I did, and only wish I could have stayed to hear all the speakers.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    I could not be any prouder than I was today. Went to Annapolis with my wife and two friends. The ralley was teriffic, great turnout and the speakers were on point. While most were in line to sign-up to testify, we dropped by one of our Delegates offices and left a note with the staff saying we were there and that we opposed any kind of gun regulation. I also firmed up meetings with the Delegate for this coming Sunday and the following Saturday at his District office. My goal is to try to get at least 5 of his constituents into a meeting with him every weekend until this fight is over. All of these politicians have District offices. If your Senator or Representative has not firmly stated his/her position as pro 2A/anti gun regulation then make an appointment to get face to face with them at their District office. If you get an appointment bring some of your friends/neighbors. Keep writing letters and e-mails and plan to go to as many hearings as you can. If you cannot get off work, no problem. Call, write, do whatever you can. We all have a dog in this fight.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    We Are Still Here

We are still here. We ran out of antis a little while ago. Still some compelling testimony being given, including that of a teen girl who earned a college scholarship shooting an AR-15. The Frederick sheriff gave excellent testimony against the bills.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    We are still here. We ran out of antis a little while ago. Still some compelling testimony being given, including that of a teen girl who earned a college scholarship shooting an AR-15. The Frederick sheriff gave excellent testimony against the bills.

That girl was fantastic. I wish everyone could have heard her. Hopefully when's daughter is her age in 14.5 more years, she has her passion for firearms.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Today was great. I got a seat in the overflow room and heard testimony from 1pm to about 5pm, when I left. There were a few anti's in the room (seemed likely mostly older women) who got really annoyed anytime we cheered or jeered what was said in the hearing. They left after an hour or two.

I wish I knew I could have signed up to testify against, just to show the numbers, but didn't realize it was for that. Had I not had a dying battery Droid, I would have seen the updated on here.

I will be sending a new round of calls/emails to my senators and even see if I can meet with them.

As mentioned, this is just day one. Let's hope for the best. Will the Judiciary Proceeding Committee vote on this bill today/tomorrow?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    My son and I just got home from Annapolis, What a great turnout today! We can beat these gun grabbing politicins at their own game. We have to keep the pressure on them and let them know if they support this bill HB281 in any part of it's form we will see them in 2016 and WE WILL NOT FORGET! Sign that bill and know they have just committed political suicide!!!!

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    What a day! It was great to see alot of you there!! At one point, when I was on the rotunda balcony thingy (on the second floor) just about to sign in, when a large gentleman gently tapped me to move aside. I turned around, only to find myself face-to-face with MOM. "Hi Guys" he said. I smiled back, not realizing at the moment, who he was. The world stood still. Then, as quickly as he appeared, his well-armed security detail whisked him through the state house like a bunny through a briar patch.

It was a couple minutes after that that I got to see Sherrif Chuck Jenkins from Frederick County. I gave him a firm hand shake and thanked him for supporting us.

What a great day!! Thanks to 8Milimeter, who was kind enough to give me an MD shooters name tag, and I also enjoyed meeting wvluv10338 among others.

Best,

ST.243

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I hit bad traffic on the way and got to the Senate building at 11:30 to register to testify, and got in a creeping never ending "disney world" type line until 3:30 or so when Delegate Don Dwyer announced that those who hadnt made it to the registration desk, would not be able to testify today, and that his office had set up a desk outside where we could enter our support or opposition to the bill and it would be forwarded to the Committee. The building was closed and there was no opportunity to reenter to listen to or watch the hearing.

I hit Starbucks for a venti coffee and walked over to lawyers mall and mingled with fellow patriots, then I took the circulator back to the stadium, home by 5:00.

I was disapointed to take a day off without pay and not even see the inside of the hearing room, or get to hear any of the hearing, or the speechs in lawyers mall, and did not get to testify...but at least my visit and viewpoint was recorded thanks to Delegate Don Dwyer.

The best part of the day was seeing the big crowd of us opposing this crappy bill, speaking with fellow patriots, being involved, and getting to talk with Delegate Smigiel for a few minutes.:)

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Thanks for taking the initiative to do this. My friends and I spoke with you and grabbed one of your sheets. We were the three really tall guys! After signing up to testify we dropped by each of the committee member's offices and signed their sheets opposing the bills. We then went over to the house and met with our Delegates.

It felt really great to petition my government, to let them know that I won't sit idly by and have my inalienable rights stolen without a fight.

I just got back. Myself and 3 other friends were downtown around 10am. We hit the Dunkin Donuts first and saw a lot of the MDS crew. From there, I turned in my written testimony. This was around 11:00. The line was at the entrance to the Senate building. There were stacks of written testimony turned in and more incoming. As 1pm approached, we went to the Senate building. Took about 30 minutes to get in at that time. We also found out you could visit the delegates offices and they had sign in sheets to oppose the bill. We took a handout, commendeered a copier and made about 40 copies that we handed out to get people to go to the offices and sign the sheets. Most of the people were in groups so hopefully we got some "not too advertised" info out there. We ended up leaving around 4:30 and just getting in.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    I have been reading this thread for the past two hours and the further I get into it, it appears the 2A supporters made a terrific showing. I just hope the politicians take the hint and vote accordingly. I couldn't make the trip due to bad knees and old age (71) but I have been flooding the politicians with my email opposition to all of the anti-gun proposals floating around. I sure wish the good ole USA was like it was in the 40's and 50's. If you are too young to know about those days, I apologize. I've owned guns since the age of 6 and I don't plan on giving them up until the flames reach my butt in the crematorium.

Member NRA
    Retired USN RMC (1985)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom