• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRR! Well..here it goes..

Last August I finally decided to go the SBR Route with an Engage Lower and NOT through a trust. SO, I got my paperwork signed off by MSP and August 16 I mailed it out. It got returned to me becuase I wrote the wrong name on the check - my fault. So, of couse I immediately wrote a check and mailed it out. Since then I have been in time out..

Well, I see a letter in the mail today from the ATF! WOOHOO!!! When I open, its a nice little letter in the mail today stating, "enclosed application is being returned for the following reasons: 1. Applicant must complete a Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. to certify citizenship. 2. provide verification that the transferee/applicant lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase the enclosed firearms before October 1, 2013.

Ok..You can CLEARLY see that my application with the serial number has a date of AUGUST on it. And Im guessing I should mail a copy of my MSP 77R-2?!?!

Great Googlie Mooglie!

Along

Mar 14, 2011
    St Mary's
    Hmm.. So the ATF has decided on that interpretation of Maryland law?

About the same time last year I submitted a form 1 doe an sbr on a trust through their eforms. Around February it was denied. (I followed the wrong online instructions on how to fill it out) Be happy you have the opportunity to make changes.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yep, apparently so... a buddy of mine just had his returned asking for proof of ownership as well and his was sent in prior to 10/1/13....

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Hey could be worse. Some pre-10/1s were denied altogether before the ATF/MSP miscommunication was worked out (for the most part).

A cert and 77r, then you're up and running shortly. If your 77r is light/smudged/difficult to read, I'd try sending in the purchase receipt too.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So every form 1 SBR app without proof of purchase, will be returned ... For the next 8 months. That should speed it up a little.

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    So every form 1 SBR app without proof of purchase, will be returned ... For the next 8 months. That should speed it up a little.

In MD only.. Probably won't even make a dent. :)

What's funny is I submitted a eForm 1 in March of this year and it was approved, no proof of purchase. I don't even have my 77r's for every one of my lowers. What a PITA

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I can scan a 77r in color at high resolution at home but the fine details are still hard to read.

Might want to try Staples. The massive business-class scanner they have behind the counter gave me crystal clear documents. File size was ~4mb for four high-resolution, color pages.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    :thumbsup:

This is only what I've seen but if you're asked for corrections, that approval shouldn't take too long (2-3 weeks) after you've provided them. Best of luck.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Seems around late May, proof of pre-10/1 ownership/purchase order/application started being requested by ATF for most post-10/1 apps, both over and under 29".

In the past couple weeks, ATF's interpretation of SB281 seems to have gotten better through MSP clarification but it still doesn't seem to handling every app quite the same way yet.

MSCSMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 11, 2014
    yeah, like 6 of mine

Hey could be worse. Some pre-10/1s were denied altogether before the ATF/MSP miscommunication was worked out (for the most part).

A cert and 77r, then you're up and running shortly. If your 77r is light/smudged/difficult to read, I'd try sending in the purchase receipt too.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I saw that back in May. Looked like you were considering including a cover letter and the denied eForm apps with the resub; addressing it directly to your examiner for an expedite.

You definitely got a raw deal. Hopefully it works out.

Desertf0x9

Jun 28, 2013
    I just got a letter from the ATF regarding my paper individual form 1, unfortunately I'm away from home. I was wondering if I can call the ATF and directly send them my 77r and certificate of compliance?

Desertf0x9

Jun 28, 2013
    Just had my brother open the mail. It was approved!! Paper Form 1 individual SBR 30.5"
    Individual Paper Form 1
    MSP approval 7/30/2013
    Sent out 8/10/2013
    Check Cashed 10/6/2013
    Approved June/13/2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca