• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    If this has been discussed already, forgive me. I didn't find anything when I searched.

At a gun show the other day, I came across a 10/22 international with a mannlicher stock. I wanted to pick up this gun, but wasn't sure if the full length stock negatively impacted accuracy. The gun hadn't sold by the time I left the show Sunday afternoon so I can most likely contact the owner to arrange a sale...

I like the looks of the gun, but I'd rather have a good shooter than something that's just pretty but shoots like crap.

Anyone have one of these? How is the accuracy?

What I also liked about this gun was the action was much smoother than the new 10/22 my wife bought last year.

Thanks,
    Ivan

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Don't forget the decocker and the Williams peep sights.

To answer your questions.
    10/22's generally aren't free floated. So having the full length stock is unlikely to affect accuracy in a meaningful way. Plus with the sling swivel up front tensioning the sling should alleviate some pressure from the barrel.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    11104.jpg

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022DE/specSheets/11104.html

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I have the Talo edition whch has the stainless barrel and receiver. I really like it, Its just a 10/22, shoots as good as any other standard one. Although i'm probably more careful with it. I put $50 scope on it and its awesome at 50 yards.I did spend some extra and buy a decent scope mount. Will try to find a photo tomorrow, probably got one on my phone. Take town is slightly more complex as you have to remove the front clip

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    i saw a couple of those and did a double take on them. I think only the one had the peeps. I have never seen them before. It was interesting.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I have one of these style 10/22's and just like the others the thing is a tack driver. I shoot CCI Stingers out of mine. I think I have a cheap Bushnell 3x9 scope on mine.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    I'd be willing to sell the Stock. It is very nice! I might also be able to be talked into including the barrel. I bought it for the old SS action and trigger assembly only.

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Its one of the original run Laminate (light weight) stocks. the barrel is not attached to the stock. the end cap covers the 2/3 of the end of the barrel, but it is not attached with any type of fastener. You must remove the end cap from the stock to remove the action and barrel though. It's more of a loose fitting retainer.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Its one of the original run Laminate (light weight) stocks. the barrel is not attached to the stock. the end cap covers the 2/3 of the end of the barrel, but it is not attached with any type of fastener. You must remove the end cap from the stock to remove the action and barrel though. It's more of a loose fitting retainer.

Mine has a screw through the bottom of the cap, but its essentially the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom