• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    It wasn't risking freedom on it before Oct. 1, why would it be now? It passes the copy cat test right off the bat. 1. Is this a semi automatic centerfire rifle? No
    So what exactly is the problem? A 80% built AR pistol would be no different. Hell there is an AR pistol on the handgun roster now. Last time I checked Draco or AK pistol were not listed by name as banned by the machine pistol list. Please give me some logic here why it would be banned.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    It wasn't risking freedom on it before Oct. 1, why would it be now? It passes the copy cat test right off the bat. 1. Is this a semi automatic centerfire rifle? No
    So what exactly is the problem? A 80% built AR pistol would be no different. Hell there is an AR pistol on the handgun roster now. Last time I checked Draco or AK pistol were not listed by name as banned by the machine pistol list. Please give me some logic here why it would be banned.

While you're right on some parts, the enforcement has changed. I'll address a couple points, then I'm done. You should hire legal council before you play with this particular brand of fire.

1. It's still unclear as to whether or not you can build a pistol without possession of a HQL.

2. MSP has ruled that all receivers of banned Assault Long Guns are also banned. Unless I'm mistaken, MSP doesn't recognize the difference between "other", "rifle", and "pistol."

3. Anthony Brown and Doug Gansler would love to make political hay out of someone, especially a gun law violation.

If you still think it's a good idea, go seek legal advice.

ThisGuy918

Nov 11, 2011
    Good points awptickles.
    1. I would get an HQL if I was going to build one, just to make sure they couldn't pull a "gotcha" moment.
    2. They do recognize pistol and rifle but not other from my understanding. Case in point AR stripped lower, it was treated as regulated which is weird, so I can see your point.
    3. This point is spot on and definitely weighs on me more than any other parts. Now if they were added to the handgun roster it would be game on.
    I will keep hunting for a parts kit while the dust settles or we get an answer. Lots of other guns to buy/build in the mean time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom