• Status
    Not open for further replies.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    http://www.harfordsheriff.org/employment/

Vacancy #: 11-S07
    Title: Deputy Recruit (Eligibility List Only)
    Closing Date: September 21, 2011
    Salary: $42, 973
    Hours: All Shifts
    Job Summary: Harford County Sheriff's Office is seeking to establish an eligibility list for the position of
    Deputy Sheriff Recruit, with responsibility for delivering law enforcement service throughout Harford
    County.
    Essential Functions:
    1. Patrols the County to maintain law and order;
    2. Responds to calls for service;
    3. Executes on-view arrests;
    4. Checks County businesses for security;
    5. Responds to reports of criminal complaints and makes necessary investigations;
    6. Delivers personal service upon inhabitants of the County of civil process issued out of Circuit and
    7. Executes by arrests all warrants issued;
    8. Transports prisoners to and from penal institutions and courts in and out of Harford County; and
    9. Maintains courtroom decorum during criminal trials and juvenile proceedings.

Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
    1. Ability to act as a representative of the Sheriff’s Office to the public;
    2. Ability to obtain a working knowledge of Annotated Code of Maryland, Harford County Ordinances,
    Uniform Traffic Code, Harford County Sheriff's Office Rules and Regulations, Harford County
    Government resources, state and federal agencies, District Court Commissioner system, Circuit and
    Juvenile Court processes, and Law Enforcement Code of Ethics;
    3. Ability to become skilled in the use of firearms, defensive driving, and self-defense techniques;
    4. Ability to complete Firearms Qualifications, Physical Training, Academic Standards, and other
    training by the Sheriff’s Office; and
    5. Knowledge of problem solving techniques, grammar, spelling, arithmetic, and verbal and nonverbal
    communication skills.

Minimum Qualification Requirements:
    1. Graduation from a high school recognized by the Maryland State Board of Education OR possession
    of a GED certificate recognized by the Maryland Board of Education.
    2. Valid Class D or Class C non-commercial driver’s license with no more than three (3) points and a relatively clean

Application may be accompanied by a resume, but a resume will not be accepted in lieu of an
    application. Application may be obtained from the Harford County Sheriff’s Office, 45 S. Main Street, Bel
    Air, MD 21014 or call 410-836-5456 or toll-free 877-562-3888. Application may also be downloaded
    from the Harford County Sheriff’s Office website, http://www.harfordsheriff.org/employment/
    Application must be returned to the Harford County Sheriff's Office Recruitment Unit no later than
    September 21, 2011. If mailing application, please send to Julie Oakes, P.O. Box 150, Bel Air,
    MD 21014.
    WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
    WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY
    Posted May 25, 2011

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Wow, it amazing how some of the most needed careers pay total poo.

I would apply and make the career jump, but it would be a serious pay cut. Thats very close to what a 1st year teacher makes and Im going in to year 15!!!!

TD

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    http://www.harfordsheriff.org/employment/

Vacancy #: 11-S07
    Title: Deputy Recruit (Eligibility List Only)
    Closing Date: September 21, 2011
    Salary: $42, 973
    Hours: All Shifts
    Job Summary: Harford County Sheriff's Office is seeking to establish an eligibility list for the position of
    Deputy Sheriff Recruit, with responsibility for delivering law enforcement service throughout Harford
    County.
    Essential Functions:
    1. Patrols the County to maintain law and order;
    2. Responds to calls for service;
    3. Executes on-view arrests;
    4. Checks County businesses for security;
    5. Responds to reports of criminal complaints and makes necessary investigations;
    6. Delivers personal service upon inhabitants of the County of civil process issued out of Circuit and
    7. Executes by arrests all warrants issued;
    8. Transports prisoners to and from penal institutions and courts in and out of Harford County; and
    9. Maintains courtroom decorum during criminal trials and juvenile proceedings.

Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
    1. Ability to act as a representative of the Sheriff’s Office to the public;
    2. Ability to obtain a working knowledge of Annotated Code of Maryland, Harford County Ordinances,
    Uniform Traffic Code, Harford County Sheriff's Office Rules and Regulations, Harford County
    Government resources, state and federal agencies, District Court Commissioner system, Circuit and
    Juvenile Court processes, and Law Enforcement Code of Ethics;
    3. Ability to become skilled in the use of firearms, defensive driving, and self-defense techniques;
    4. Ability to complete Firearms Qualifications, Physical Training, Academic Standards, and other
    training by the Sheriff’s Office; and
    5. Knowledge of problem solving techniques, grammar, spelling, arithmetic, and verbal and nonverbal
    communication skills.

Minimum Qualification Requirements:
    1. Graduation from a high school recognized by the Maryland State Board of Education OR possession
    of a GED certificate recognized by the Maryland Board of Education.
    2. Valid Class D or Class C non-commercial driver’s license with no more than three (3) points and a relatively clean

Application may be accompanied by a resume, but a resume will not be accepted in lieu of an
    application. Application may be obtained from the Harford County Sheriff’s Office, 45 S. Main Street, Bel
    Air, MD 21014 or call 410-836-5456 or toll-free 877-562-3888. Application may also be downloaded
    from the Harford County Sheriff’s Office website, http://www.harfordsheriff.org/employment/
    Application must be returned to the Harford County Sheriff's Office Recruitment Unit no later than
    September 21, 2011. If mailing application, please send to Julie Oakes, P.O. Box 150, Bel Air,
    MD 21014.
    WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
    WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY
    Posted May 25, 2011

Hey Noel, are they needing to replace those six that responded to the Auto Gunfire last week? :lol::lol:

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Wow, it amazing how some of the most needed careers pay total poo.

I would apply and make the career jump, but it would be a serious pay cut. Thats very close to what a 1st year teacher makes and Im going in to year 15!!!!

TD

Thats really good money to many, stop your bragging about your over payed job.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Thats very close to what a 1st year teacher makes and Im going in to year 15!!!!
    But, as a teacher, you will SUCCOMB to the abuse of children. And their parents. There will be no 'wood shampoos', which makes LEO exercise, at least.. That's what makes law enforcement 'fun'.
    I kid I kid - that's the last thing the blue need.

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    want to explain that statement?

Sure, I felt he was bragging and I feel many teachers are over paid. Sorry, but thats just me. Remember to include all bennies as pay. Look at many states that give almost free retirement and health care.etc, etc :sad20:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom