• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    you may not know it, but frosh amended carry law in 2013. he got everything he wanted and let everyone know it. he tucked that feather in his cap and rode it hard to election day.

current carry law is as much his baby as the general assembly in 1972

and it has major problems (for liberal anti gun people). retired police officers are being denied. it allows carry in bars, theatres, parks. anti gun business owners cannot ban carry in grocery stores or malls (with the force of law). carry permit holders dont have to tell the police they are carrying. To me, those are major problems for Frosh, especially when he was able to amend that law any way he saw fit in 2013. if i were him i would keep as far away from that issue as possible. otherwise 2015 frosh is just complaining about 2013 frosh. and if he wants to bitch about the actions of 2013 frosh, we can certainly help him.

Mom's Demand Action will forgive him in a heartbeat.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    you may not know it, but frosh amended carry law in 2013. he got everything he wanted and let everyone know it. he tucked that feather in his cap and rode it hard to election day.

current carry law is as much his baby as the general assembly in 1972

and it has major problems (for liberal anti gun people). retired police officers are being denied. it allows carry in bars, theatres, parks. anti gun business owners cannot ban carry in grocery stores or malls (with the force of law). carry permit holders dont have to tell the police they are carrying. To me, those are major problems for Frosh, especially when he was able to amend that law any way he saw fit in 2013. if i were him i would keep as far away from that issue as possible. otherwise 2015 frosh is just complaining about 2013 frosh. and if he wants to bitch about the actions of 2013 frosh, we can certainly help him.

This is the only silver lining to the MD carry permit saga. As a permit holder we can literally go anywhere. So for that, THANK YOU Frosh.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The AAG's are career positions under the AG. Ms Rowe wrote some favorable to us opinions under Gansler. She is competent at her job, she's worked in the office in some capacity most of her working career.
    And why did she do that? I have to assume they get guidance from whoever their boss is.

She's not going to jeopardize her working relationship with her boss by writing an opinion he doesn't approve of. It could be a career position but she could be assigned jobs she doesn't like if her boss is unhappy with her work.

Even career positions are vulnerable to politics.

Jun 20, 2014
    I prayed that Hogan would get elected , because I believed he would do the right thing . Not sure my faith was put in the right place , I guess time will tell.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    And why did she do that? I have to assume they get guidance from whoever their boss is.

She's not going to jeopardize her working relationship with her boss by writing an opinion he doesn't approve of. It could be a career position but she could be assigned jobs she doesn't like if her boss is unhappy with her work.

Even career positions are vulnerable to politics.

As noted earlier it looks like semantics, she answered the specific question she was asked. The Gov may NOT order the Supr to change G&S ... but it in no way means the Supr can NOT interpret the G&S standard as he sees fit. We knew this decades ago, its not news.

I think a lot of reponses on this thread are checkers moves on a chessboard; like the saying goes, you don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Never count out the good guys , i say lets keep a positive attitude . We must always keep our chins up .
    It not over till the fat lady sings .

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    56982505.jpg

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    A reelection of Hogan doesn't seem likely at this point. To say that he might do something in his second term is overshadowed by the latest health news...just biding my time here.

Dec 31, 2012
    As noted earlier it looks like semantics, she answered the specific question she was asked. The Gov may NOT order the Supr to change G&S ... but it in no way means the Supr can NOT interpret the G&S standard as he sees fit. We knew this decades ago, its not news.

I think a lot of reponses on this thread are checkers moves on a chessboard; like the saying goes, you don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Ascribing superior political moves to your team might be a natural reaction but sometimes things really are just as they seem on the surface. Time will tell.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    A reelection of Hogan doesn't seem likely at this point. To say that he might do something in his second term is overshadowed by the latest health news...just biding my time here.

You know i did not think of that when i posted , you could be right .
    My brother had the same cancer and is three years in remission .
    So i do know all people have different results Gov. Hogan sure can beat this .

It is one of the more treatable cancers . I am more of a glass half full kinda guy .

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I'm shocked.....NOT.....Hogan is not going to touch the 2A issue...........

Exactly as he lamented several times during his campaign. Maryland law on firearms is not going to be revisited. Hogan deceived no one.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Exactly as he lamented several times during his campaign. Maryland law on firearms is not going to be revisited. Hogan deceived no one.

If I am correct, the law is that the Super can interpret so nothing has to be revisited for a change to be made.

If this is a big chess match I'll guess we'll find out soon if Hogan is Bobby Fischer or Bobby Ehrlich.....

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    You know i did not think of that when i posted , you could be right .
    My brother had the same cancer and is three years in remission .
    So i do know all people have different results Gov. Hogan sure can beat this .

It is one of the more treatable cancers . I am more of a glass half full kinda guy .

I hope and believe that he will beat the cancer. However, after that fight, does a man want to jump back on the stress of another campaign?...probably not. Probably a one-hit-wonder then back to the status quo when he's gone. Won't be much of a 2A help unless we just flat out win in court...and that takes cash and time. Reality really sucks

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    :sad20:

Not really surprised, Frosh is probably ready to file a lawsuit defending the law he crafted.

I'd like to see the actual opinion, but I'm sure is says something like blah blah blah court cases interpreting the law have to be overturned. I am not sure that is entirely correct, but it's also partly correct that a legislative solution would be much better. How many Dems ran unopposed again?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yet another example of WHY elections have consequences

Actually I am. This letter shows that they NEVER had any intentions of doing what's right by making lame excuses. It clearly states in the COMAR that the Superintendent has the power to interpret what GS is.

Pallozzi is hiding behind some BS interpretation form the Assistant AG and claiming his hands are tied.

Straight out of the O'Malley playbook.

Pallozzi didn't fall off of the turnip truck, he knows that he'd quickly be countermanded by the AG's office, triggering an embarrassing round of bad press for Hogan.

Assistant Attorney General Kathryn Rowe reports to, and has her paycheck signed by ...

Attachments

• Frosh_0035-clipped_WEB.jpg
      Frosh_0035-clipped_WEB.jpg
      87.7 KB · Views: 329

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads