• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Well, teratos brought up a point in another venue - Say Pallozi did redefine G&S, how long do you think it'd take Frosh to file a suit against that?

I guess in the long-term, the only way a revision of G&S could stand w/out Frosh going after it, would be thru the General Asylum.

It's still just frustrating and aggravating.

BS where does it state what G&S is ? Unless they went to Roberts School of Law they couldn't make law. If Hogan was the man he claimed to be he tell him to accept self defense as G&S . Frosh and his minions are using their opinion and IMHO wouldn't bring a case BUT would push the GA to pass a bill defining G&S which would be easily appealed.

All the secret squirrel info turns out to be bogus . Another R that will be a one time Governor

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You are missing the point. Absent a change of position, Hogan and Pallozzi (at least from the letter) are complicit in denying your 2A rights - that is quite disappointing.

Disappointing, absolutely. I'm legal to carry in 30+ states, but not my state of residence or birth.

I don't know either man personally, so I can't opine on why they're taking the path of inaction on this subject.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    A friend of mine just sent me this letter he received from Superintendent Pallozzi.

I was shocked to see that on June 9th the Assistant Attorney General Kathryn Rowe basically said that the Gov can't make "self defense" a good a substantial reason, that the Gov doesn't have this ability by law.

Pallozzi goes on to say that until the General Assembly acts on this issue that the status quo WILL REMAIN!

So boys and girls that's all she wrote. Waiting on the GA to do anything positive on GS will be like waiting for the Titanic to dock.

let see what we can decipher about the questions asked, since the letter from your friend wasn't posted.

1. It was a letter to Governor Hogan
    2. It asked about the governor issuing an executive order to make self defense a g&s

letters to the governor get read by staff and forwarded to the appropriate department, are then sorted again, and forwarded to the person that answers those questions, in this case "tmw" in msp's legislative affairs section, who then replies on msp letter head
    the answer letter never addresses the superintendant's authority to make g&s definitions or standards, or to determine what g&s means

my personal opinion? ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Next time ask the right questions.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    All i see is
    "the governor cannot order the superintendant"

this is true technically, but the superintendant can do it on his own.

the governor could ask a potential nominee what his opinion on carry is, before nominating him. he could discuss what his vision for the state is. he could suggest to the superintendent. but he cannot order. technically.

all this letter tells me is stuff i already know. and that when the change finally comes the media cannot blame the governor, because he "cant order it".

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I want to see the AAG's opinion. It should layout the question, and the answer - although not binding on a court! Who has it?

BS where does it state what G&S is ? Unless they went to Roberts School of Law they couldn't make law. If Hogan was the man he claimed to be he tell him to accept self defense as G&S . Frosh and his minions are using their opinion and IMHO wouldn't bring a case BUT would push the GA to pass a bill defining G&S which would be easily appealed.

All the secret squirrel info turns out to be bogus . Another R that will be a one time Governor

Exactly,the whole "we know it when we see it BS".:mad54::sad20:

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    All i see is "the governor cannot order the superintendant" this is true technically, but the superintendant can do it on his own. the governor could ask a potential nominee what his opinion on carry is, before nominating him. he could discuss what his vision for the state is. he could suggest to the superintendent. but he cannot order. technically. all this letter tells me is stuff i already know. and that when the change finally comes the media cannot blame the governor, because he "cant order it".

Like I said I am greatful that I have A carry permit already. The way things are going in this state
    the non-business owners have no chance of getting a permit.

Frankly I don't care who actually wrote the letter. The president of United States reads from a Teleprompter all the time, words that have been written by his staff writer. It doesn't mean that the superintendent is unaware of what is being said. I mean, why actually take the time and write it yourself when you can have a Lackey do it for you.

The larger question is why is it taking him so long to do what's right?. Every day that goes by is another day that Marylander's are denied a right.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    let see what we can decipher about the questions asked, since the letter from your friend wasn't posted. 1. It was a letter to Governor Hogan 2. It asked about the governor issuing an executive order to make self defense a g&s letters to the governor get read by staff and forwarded to the appropriate department, are then sorted again, and forwarded to the person that answers those questions, in this case "tmw" in msp's legislative affairs section, who then replies on msp letter head the answer letter never addresses the superintendant's authority to make g&s definitions or standards, or to determine what g&s means my personal opinion? ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Next time ask the right questions.

I think we need to be clear here. Self-defense is already a good and substantial reason to get a permit.The problem is that they make meeting the qualifications for self-defense onerous.

Meeting the qualifications for self defense as a good substantial reason would be like having a driver of a car beening asked to first be in an accident before he has the right to wear a seatbelt.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Like I said I am greatful that I have A carry permit already. The way things are going in this state
    the non-business owners have no chance of getting a permit.

Frankly I don't care who actually wrote the letter. The president of United States reads from a Teleprompter all the time, words that have been written by his staff writer. It doesn't mean that the superintendent is unaware of what is being said. I mean, why actually take the time and write it yourself when you can have a Lackey do it for you.

The larger question is why is it taking him so long to do what's right?. Every day that goes by is another day that Marylander's are denied a right.

they've been denied that right for 42 years. they can fix it now, or fix it right. i'd rather they fixed it right.

so far this governor has been shrewd. he's been right on everything, and the media is struggling to blame him for anything.
    i dont care if the governor is chuck norris, and the superintendent is charlton heston. they would be idiots to spell out their plan in a letter to any old random off the street. hell, if i were the super, i know i wouldn't.

these letter are nothing more than a distraction at this point. nothing is going to change because joe schmoe wrote a letter asking the wrong questions. it will happen because the much misaligned secret squirrel are working hard behind the scenes with the friendly members of the admininstration they they've had relationships with for years.

until you see the secret squirrels throw up their hands and walk away, and say "have at it boys", everything is still moving forward and working according to plan.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    they've been denied that right for 42 years. they can fix it now, or fix it right. i'd rather they fixed it right. so far this governor has been shrewd. he's been right on everything, and the media is struggling to blame him for anything. i dont care if the governor is chuck norris, and the superintendent is charlton heston. they would be idiots to spell out their plan in a letter to any old random off the street. hell, if i were the super, i know i wouldn't. these letter are nothing more than a distraction at this point. nothing is going to change because joe schmoe wrote a letter asking the wrong questions. it will happen because the much misaligned secret squirrel are working hard behind the scenes with the friendly members of the admininstration they they've had relationships with for years. until you see the secret squirrels throw up their hands and walk away, and say "have at it boys", everything is still moving forward and working according to plan.

Like I said, glad I already have a permit. What's another 10 or 15 years when we're already 42 in.

I don't remember O'Malley being so supersecret. In fact, to use your descriptions, O'Malley used to say it's my world and you're just squirrels trying to get a nut.

So all the supersecret behind the scenes fist bumping won't amount to a hill of beans unless they have the balls to get out in front of what's right and say as much.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Like I said, glad I already have a permit. What's another 10 or 15 years when we're already 42 in.

I don't remember O'Malley being so supersecret.

o'malley had a supportive media that wanted what he wanted. he did whatever he wanted, and they made up stories to make it sound like the second coming of JFK.

Dec 31, 2012
    Well, teratos brought up a point in another venue - Say Pallozi did redefine G&S, how long do you think it'd take Frosh to file a suit against that?

I guess in the long-term, the only way a revision of G&S could stand w/out Frosh going after it, would be thru the General Asylum.

It's still just frustrating and aggravating.

preaching to the choir here;
    Frosh will undoubtedly file against anything that eases CCW but at least the conversation will have been started again.

Currently you need to file and be rejected(a given for 99.9% of us) and then plead to the review board which has been altered somewhat in our direction.

Otherwise the issue is on the back burner indefinitely. 2nd term or are we waiting for Rutherford now?

All i see is
    "the governor cannot order the superintendant"

this is true technically, but the superintendant can do it on his own.

the governor could ask a potential nominee what his opinion on carry is, before nominating him. he could discuss what his vision for the state is. he could suggest to the superintendent. but he cannot order. technically.

all this letter tells me is stuff i already know. and that when the change finally comes the media cannot blame the governor, because he "cant order it".

Political hairsplitting that fine will result in no action being taken. Someone is going to take heat for a decision and it will be the governor one way or another. Given his current problems I'd say this issue has fallen way down the list of actionable items.

Hogan may be good but no one is going to be good enough to avoid the Maryland press and Frosh when it comes to this issue. Frosh has too much to gain by making it a front page issue.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Under whose guidance and authority does an AAG work?
    Froshed again.

The AAG's are career positions under the AG. Ms Rowe wrote some favorable to us opinions under Gansler. She is competent at her job, she's worked in the office in some capacity most of her working career.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    preaching to the choir here;
    Frosh will undoubtedly file against anything that eases CCW but at least the conversation will have been started again.

Currently you need to file and be rejected(a given for 99.9% of us) and then plead to the review board which has been altered somewhat in our direction.

Otherwise the issue is on the back burner indefinitely. 2nd term or are we waiting for Rutherford now?

Political hairsplitting that fine will result in no action being taken. Someone is going to take heat for a decision and it will be the governor one way or another. Given his current problems I'd say this issue has fallen way down the list of actionable items.

Hogan may be good but no one is going to be good enough to avoid the Maryland press and Frosh when it comes to this issue. Frosh has too much to gain by making it a front page issue.

you may not know it, but frosh amended carry law in 2013. he got everything he wanted and let everyone know it. he tucked that feather in his cap and rode it hard to election day.

current carry law is as much his baby as the general assembly in 1972

and it has major problems (for liberal anti gun people). retired police officers are being denied. it allows carry in bars, theatres, parks. anti gun business owners cannot ban carry in grocery stores or malls (with the force of law). carry permit holders dont have to tell the police they are carrying. To me, those are major problems for Frosh, especially when he was able to amend that law any way he saw fit in 2013. if i were him i would keep as far away from that issue as possible. otherwise 2015 frosh is just complaining about 2013 frosh. and if he wants to bitch about the actions of 2013 frosh, we can certainly help him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom