• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    A letter from Pallozzi - CCW

A friend of mine just sent me this letter he received from Superintendent Pallozzi.

I was shocked to see that on June 9th the Assistant Attorney General Kathryn Rowe basically said that the Gov can't make "self defense" a good a substantial reason, that the Gov doesn't have this ability by law.

Pallozzi goes on to say that until the General Assembly acts on this issue that the status quo WILL REMAIN!

So boys and girls that's all she wrote. Waiting on the GA to do anything positive on GS will be like waiting for the Titanic to dock.

Attachments

• image-1344810482.jpg
      image-1344810482.jpg
      84.7 KB · Views: 1,772
    • Original Letter to Gov.pdf
      92 KB · Views: 274
    Last edited:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    He's right. The law does not give the Governor the power to make this decision, it does give the power to Pallozzi and by his own words in this letter, IT AIN'T GUNNA HAPPEN.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    He's right. The law does not give the Governor the power to make this decision, it does give the power to Pallozzi and by his own words in this letter, IT AIN'T GUNNA HAPPEN.

Exactly. He is playing with semantics. He knows he has the power to interpret but he ain't going to do it. So all this Pallozzi and Hogan are friends of 2A is ********.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This is NOT a letter from Pallozzi. Bottom of the letter shows that Thomas M. Williams penned this. Remember, we are very encouraged by the permit review board appointees and are looking forward to their future actions. From what I understand, we have not had a case presented to the board that would be a clear cut decision in favor of our rights, yet. We have seen clear cut cases to be denied and cases where the MSP should have issued a license, even under current policy.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This is NOT a letter from Pallozzi. Bottom of the letter shows that Thomas M. Williams penned this. Remember, we are very encouraged by the permit review board appointees and are looking forward to their future actions. From what I understand, we have not had a case presented to the board that would be a clear cut decision in favor of our rights, yet. We have seen clear cut cases to be denied and cases where the MSP should have issued a license, even under current policy.

It's CC'd to Williams, not penned by him.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Not shocked at all. No Hindi g the fact that I backed the actual friend of out 2A rights on the primary but after being dated like a bunch of ugly girls in a bar at 2am, the in the know crowd here finds every possible excuse for why he hasn't called since he woooed us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Is anyone really that shocked?

Actually I am. This letter shows that they NEVER had any intentions of doing what's right by making lame excuses. It clearly states in the COMAR that the Superintendent has the power to interpret what GS is.

Pallozzi is hiding behind some BS interpretation form the Assistant AG and claiming his hands are tied.

Straight out of the O'Malley playbook.

Rainmaker

Jan 9, 2012
    Hagerstown, MD
    It's unconscionable to apply a “justifiable need” or “substantial reason” test to any other part of the Bill of Rights. Can you imagine asking people why they needed to pray, or now, the right to get married. Even D.C. it seems is ahead of us when it comes to CCW after their last ruling. Where is the Republican Party in this State. They should have placed what happened in Baltimore squarely around the body of the Democrats and ran with it. Instead not a peep. Business as usual it seems. As a Native American I'm offended, hopefully a politician will notice and appease me. Then again, if we had a better gun control policy and immigration policy I wouldn't be going through this now :rofl: Let that be a lesson to us all (and yes I'm being sarcastic). best

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD

Palozzi wrote it, Thomas is just the handoff if you should have any other questions or concerns.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Actually I am. This letter shows that they NEVER had any intentions of doing what's right by making lame excuses. It clearly states in the COMAR that the Superintendent has the power to interpret what GS is.

Pallozzi is hiding behind some BS interpretation form the Assistant AG and claiming his hands are tied.

Straight out of the O'Malley playbook.

Never trust a politician, ever.

I had hopes they'd redefine G&S, genuinely. But in the back of my mind there was always the thought that it'd play out like this - "Oh, we can't do anything, that ball is in the GA's court..."

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    On the one hand I am grateful that I am one of the lucky few who does have a carry permit, on the other hand I am TOTALLY pissed at the implications of this letter.

Unless we somehow get lucky and the Supreme Court rules that CCW licenses need to be honored in all 50 just like gay marriage licenses do, then Maryland regardless of which party is in office, will always be one of the ugly redheaded step children of the 2A community.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Well, teratos brought up a point in another venue - Say Pallozi did redefine G&S, how long do you think it'd take Frosh to file a suit against that?

I guess in the long-term, the only way a revision of G&S could stand w/out Frosh going after it, would be thru the General Asylum.

It's still just frustrating and aggravating.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Maybe we do have a Governor and MSP Supe that are chess players, maybe we don't...

I couldn't say for certain either way.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Well, teratos brought up a point in another venue - Say Pallozi did redefine G&S, how long do you think it'd take Frosh to file a suit against that?

I guess in the long-term, the only way a revision of G&S could stand w/out Frosh going after it, would be thru the General Asylum.

It's still just frustrating and aggravating.

You are missing the point. Absent a change of position, Hogan and Pallozzi (at least from the letter) are complicit in denying your 2A rights - that is quite disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom