• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillC

Jan 11, 2010
    Silver Spring, MD
    Very nice! Thanks for doing this.

And, please keep us updated on any news or progress. Thanks!

Porsche

Around...
    Jul 7, 2010
    Thanks brother, I'm glad we have great people like you to help push back against those who try to infringe our rights!

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The fact that this letter needed to be written at all really shows just how unbelievably stupid the people that write these laws are. Hope MSP doesn't decide to try and exacerbate their stupidity.

When MSP replies, will they do so just to Andy('s lawyer) or will they issue another "advisory?"

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    I just hope by the time I have the money to get the stamp and build it out, all of this will be straightened out. Again, thank you for your hard work Andy.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    The fact that this letter needed to be written at all really shows just how unbelievably stupid the people that write these laws are. Hope MSP doesn't decide to try and exacerbate their stupidity.

When MSP replies, will they do so just to Andy('s lawyer) or will they issue another "advisory?"

They have acknowledged receipt so I'm hoping we will hear something shortly. If they listen to reason I assume we will receive a letter back and then an advisory will be issued. If they do not respond or respond in the negative, we will file suit. I will post any updates we receive or anything we hear.

The lowers and this is a start but there's also a ton of stuff that needs to be challenged. SB281 can be battled in big trials and it can also be battled on another front by chipping away at the most absurd parts of this law. Challenging on the administrative front can leave this thing toothless.

We will need help with this though at some point.

anil

Sep 28, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    I don't fully understand what this is all about , could someone please explain with a little detail just what this is all about , I would appriciate it very much , I thank you in advance ..

Applications for Short Barrel Rifles are being rejected by ATF, based on MSP advisories, if they are actually short (under 29in. over all length).

It is a load of crap.

Engage is calling the MSP out on it.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    It's beyond that anil. MSP is essentially treating the SBR has both a rifle and a handgun. That means it can't be a copy-cat (where the 29" overall length comes into play) AND it has to be on the Handgun Roster. Engage is pointing out that MSP can't have it both ways under Maryland law.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    They have acknowledged receipt so I'm hoping we will hear something shortly. If they listen to reason I assume we will receive a letter back and then an advisory will be issued. If they do not respond or respond in the negative, we will file suit. I will post any updates we receive or anything we hear.

The lowers and this is a start but there's also a ton of stuff that needs to be challenged. SB281 can be battled in big trials and it can also be battled on another front by chipping away at the most absurd parts of this law. Challenging on the administrative front can leave this thing toothless.

Hope it is quicker than their other response (Exhibit 2) where they responded May 15 to your email March 28. :sad20:

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County

Andy if this goes to suit is a fund set up to help with legal fees? Let me know here or IM. I will contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom