• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    Hey All,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, last night my wife and I went to the AT&T store by Olive Garden in waldorf. We were in the store for about an hour and came out to our car to see that the passenger side door window had been busted out, and my wife’s stuff gone.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    It happened to me before. Across the street from an MSP barracks. They got the wife's purse, wallet, cell phone and keys. It is not a good feeling.

wolfejp

Apr 8, 2011
    Waldorf
    Fortunately they didn’t get anything that was worth too much, it’s just going to suck replacing ID’s cards, and canceling credit cards and what not.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    A large amount of people leave things in plain view to include lap top backs, purses, cell phones, etc.

It's just common sense to not do this.

As we approach the holidays and more and more folks are out and about secure your items out of sight. No reason to put that new PS4 on your front seat as you continue to shop around for a hour or so.

JosephIV

Sucks to hear about your misfortune. I don't intend to sound insulting, but I cannot understand why people leave valuable belongings in their cars. My wife does this and it drives me nuts. She'll leave our camera that was originally $1,200 and her purse with ID in the passenger footwell with credit cards and a wad of small bills visible in the center console cup holder area. Sometimes her IPHONE will be plugged into the charger and her Tablet also in the van. That would be a great temptation and good haul for a theif.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Sucks to hear about your misfortune. I don't intend to sound insulting, but I cannot understand why people leave valuable belongings in their cars. My wife does this and it drives me nuts. She'll leave our camera that was originally $1,200 and her purse with ID in the passenger footwell with credit cards and a wad of small bills visible in the center console cup holder area. Sometimes her IPHONE will be plugged into the charger and her Tablet also in the van. That would be a great temptation and good haul for a theif.

This.....don't leave stuff in the car.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Never leave your purse in the car. A thief will watch your car and if they see you put it in the trunk they can get in there also. Happened to my cousin when she visited New York City a couple years ago. Both her and my Aunt put their purses in the trunk while out on the street. They came back to the car and drove to their hotel and when they went to check in the hotel the trunk was empty. Both purses and all their luggage was gone and there were no signs of forced entry. Another place to watch is the grocery store. I always see purses sitting in the cart sometimes wide open the the owner is busy looking at something.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Hey All,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, last night my wife and I went to the AT&T store by Olive Garden in waldorf. We were in the store for about an hour and came out to our car to see that the passenger side door window had been busted out, and my wife’s stuff gone.

Sorry to hear that. No place is safe anymore. I do my best not to leave anything in my truck, even when I park it in my driveway. One morning I woke up to find the passenger window smashed and everything from the glove box scattered around. My cheapo sunglasses were crushed apparently for spite. The truck wasn't locked, so the thieves/vandals broke in without checking the door first.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Hey All,

Sorry that happened!
    Back in '97 I had my motorcycle stolen. Not the same, but just ticks me off every time I hear about somebody getting their stuff taken. I can't stand a friggen thief!

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    What can you do......

Attachments

• motivator852b48bdb7ddcef7db547dded59349e6ea59415f.jpg
      motivator852b48bdb7ddcef7db547dded59349e6ea59415f.jpg
      89.7 KB · Views: 317

Dar_le

Jul 14, 2014
    Baltimore, County
    Hear about this kind of stuff almost daily. Its unfortunate that people are being victimized by scum, but we make it too easy for the theives. Expensive, serialized, or any kind of personal identifier shouldn't be left in a vehicle. Even if its parked in your driveway. It doesn't matter if it's parked in the safest neighborhood. You give a thief an opportunity, he'll take it. Now that its getting colder outside, we'll start seeing more of the cars being stolen because someone left it running outside to warm up. Don't be a victim guys. Think smart...

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Another place to watch is the grocery store. I always see purses sitting in the cart sometimes wide open the the owner is busy looking at something.

I see it a lot. The owner walks away to the other end of the aisle or around the corner into the next aisle, usually with a wallet and/or smart phone in plain view inside the purse. Thieves will catch on soon enough.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Happened 3x in about 2 weeks at Continental Arms. Cameras got a good pic of guy and police tried to stop light rail, yeah he was a rider, before next stop but no luck. No place is safe but it amazes me when I get out of my car and see what the car next to me has on the seat and in the cup holders. STUPID!!!!!

Dar_le

Jul 14, 2014
    Baltimore, County
    I see it a lot. The owner walks away to the other end of the aisle or around the corner into the next aisle, usually with a wallet and/or smart phone in plain view inside the purse. Thieves will catch on soon enough.

dont forget about the gym/locker room. Cant tell you how many times i go into the locker room at my gym, open a locker that has no lock attacthed and surprise surprise, there's a wallet, keys and phone sitting in there. Blows my mind how naive some folks can be about their possessions. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom