• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Does anybody know of a holster with the retention design of a Serpa, but will also allow the G22 to be holstered with a Streamlight TLR-1s?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Blackhawk Level 3 SERPA Light Bearing Duty Holster
    Finally, an answer to the thousands of requests Blackhawk has received for a SERPA duty holster that works with a pistol light. Now that the Night Ops Weapon Mounted Light has solved the issue of blocking the trigger guard, you can get the Level 3 SERPA holster, noted for its speed and retention, to wear with a light while you are on duty. Outstanding retention, extremely fast draw even under stress and immediate lock-in upon reholstering. Now you can have it all.

Fits up to 2.25" Belts

Note: This holster works with the BLACKHAWK! Xiphos NT Weapon Mounted Light only

Also looks like it belt fit only and no paddle option. Which, IMO, the Serpa paddle platform system is the most stable paddle holster over any one available.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Blackhawk Level 3 SERPA Light Bearing Duty Holster
    Finally, an answer to the thousands of requests Blackhawk has received for a SERPA duty holster that works with a pistol light. Now that the Night Ops Weapon Mounted Light has solved the issue of blocking the trigger guard, you can get the Level 3 SERPA holster, noted for its speed and retention, to wear with a light while you are on duty. Outstanding retention, extremely fast draw even under stress and immediate lock-in upon reholstering. Now you can have it all.

Fits up to 2.25" Belts

Note: This holster works with the BLACKHAWK! Xiphos NT Weapon Mounted Light only

Yeah I just saw that..........Same with my suggestion.

I know bladetech makes one that fits the TRL's but it's 80 bucks and does not have the same retention

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    It would be nice to have that kind of ease of draw, due to being used to it with an xD.

If the Serpa can't happen, is there another kind of holster that would allow the same ease of removal, yet still be able to securely hold the weapon w/mounted light.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It would be nice to have that kind of ease of draw, due to being used to it with an xD.

If the Serpa can't happen, is there another kind of holster that would allow the same ease of removal, yet still be able to securely hold the weapon w/mounted light.

Yeah bladetech or anyone you know who makes kydex

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    Different retention system, but Safariland makes the 6378 ALS paddle holster for the Glock 22 w/ TLR1. Start here and select the options for your gun & light:

http://www.safariland.com/als-holster-system/als-concealable-holsters/

We had a lot of people go to this after the Serpa was no longer allowed. Much more natural release, and seemed a bit faster. The downside is that it is a bit heavier, and not as concealable. It sits a bit farther out to allow room for the thumb release.

Personally I like the 6379 clip on version a bit better. You can always change the mounting system later on if you want to.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great advice already.

Also check out Comp-Tac, I just ordered a Kydex holster that works with a light attached from them.

I'm not a fan of Serpa holsters or anything with a button. Give me just friction or maybe a thumb break if for a duty rig.

Lastly, these guys will make anything for you: http://www.phlster.com/#!store/c2271
    One of them won a combat reality show and sometimes shoots with us. He's a serious trainer. Let me know if you contact them.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    safariland are the best on the market with light bearing holsters. I have one with my sig p229r and is a perfect system and they have both drop leg and standard holster configurations.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    safariland are the best on the market with light bearing holsters. I have one with my sig p229r and is a perfect system and they have both drop leg and standard holster configurations.

Good to hear, wish I had read this first.

For IDPA I read that Bladetech is most popular, closely followed by Comp-Tac, then Safariland is a distant third, all others thereafter. Will have to take another look at Safariland, for a home defense or duty situation I think mounted lights are great. I'm a fan of TLR-HL by Streamlight, especially the newer 630 lumen model. With or without laser.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Good to hear, wish I had read this first.

For IDPA I read that Bladetech is most popular, closely followed by Comp-Tac, then Safariland is a distant third, all others thereafter. Will have to take another look at Safariland, for a home defense or duty situation I think mounted lights are great. I'm a fan of TLR-HL by Streamlight, especially the newer 630 lumen model. With or without laser.

Thats what rides in the holster with the sig, it replaced my tlr1s which now resides on my AR.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    What makes them "the best"?

Style, fit, finish, ease of access, price, great customer service, name brand,no lock up issues with retention device, more natural and safe release of the locking mechanism, the ability to add more or less "safety" features as you desire, multiple ways to mount or carry the pistol, light-bearing with a plethora of different brands, made in the USA.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Style, fit, finish, ease of access, price, great customer service, name brand,no lock up issues with retention device, more natural and safe release of the locking mechanism, the ability to add more or less "safety" features as you desire, multiple ways to mount or carry the pistol, light-bearing with a plethora of different brands, made in the USA.

I don't think any 1 thing is "the best". I will say that Safariland is a big company and has been in the holster business longer than any of these kydex fanboy hobbyists who started out in their garage.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Make no mistake.. No one is concealing a Safariland ALS holster. They are indeed my favorite and a huge step up from the Serpa. The thumb break is natural and fast. Try it, you'll like it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Make no mistake.. No one is concealing a Safariland ALS holster. They are indeed my favorite and a huge step up from the Serpa. The thumb break is natural and fast. Try it, you'll like it.

Make no mistake, nobody is using an IWB holster that accommodates a light. LOL

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Make no mistake, nobody is using an IWB holster that accommodates a light. LOL

Yep. To be honest I don't really like iwb carry. I know all the cool guys appendix carry now a days, but that part of my pants is already full :)

I've seen some of the Raven OWB set ups that accommodate lights. They seem really nice and slim. Anyone have any experience with one of these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom