• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Nobody trusts the po-po. Cops charged. Police might stand down... who can you trust to protect you?

The Hogan administration should offer the chance for anyone who can pass a fingerprint based background check to carry a weapon. You know, like in America.

Just saying. There are logistical challenges, but is it time yet?

It sure is a state of emergency. ...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    it may well be time but Hogan cant change law. even if he told pallozi today to accept self defense as g and s it would take many months for people to get there apps in and looked at , if they could do it that fast.

its a shame what bloodymore is. I hope no innocents get hurt when the finally burn the place down over this ********.

Chris0nllyn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 6, 2012
    Calvert County
    Nobody trusts the po-po. Cops charged. Police might stand down... who can you trust to protect you?

The Hogan administration should offer the chance for anyone who can pass a fingerprint based background check to carry a weapon. You know, like in America.

Just saying. There are logistical challenges, but is it time yet?

It sure is a state of emergency. ...

"No one trusts the po-po"?

Weren't groups of people feeding and giving police handshakes and thank-yous? Isn't there an entire thread dedicated to thanking police officers?

The cops are charged because they were found to have done something wrong, just like a citizen. Unless you want a system where enforcers of the law are immune to it, this is the way things work. Also, charges do not equal a conviction.

"Police might stand down"? On their own, or when told to? They were reportedly told to stand down. Of course the Wicomico sheriff would be willing to ignore the law and Governor's "orders", per se, when it comes to FSA2013, but is willing to stand down when the B-More mayor told him to.

The Hogan administration is busy propping Hogan up on a pedestal to change any gun laws. Anyone who "Likes" the "Change Maryland" page can see that.

I agree though. He should come out and say "Maryland's current gun laws that prevent someone from passing a background check and leaving with a weapon that day are more of a danger to those law-abiding citizens than they are to anyone else".

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    it may well be time but Hogan cant change law. even if he told pallozi today to accept self defense as g and s it would take many months for people to get there apps in and looked at , if they could do it that fast.

its a shame what bloodymore is. I hope no innocents get hurt when the finally burn the place down over this ********.

Expedited processing for City residents, emergency funding for the MSP to handle the crisis. There is no reason that fingerpring based background checks need to take longer than the HQL. Maybe he can even squeeze in aome COMAR changes due to the State of Emergency.

Dont let facts and logic interrupt exploiting a good crisis.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I am mid-stream in the application process, and am now more or less just waiting for an answer. I have had a bit of interaction with various MSP members along the way, but none have indicted a change or lack of change in the G&S policy. All have been very professional, and I do expect they would gladly implement a change if or when directed to do so.

You would think the events of the last week would have people screaming from the mountain top for the ability to exercise self-defense, and will open the eyes of those with authority to provide a little administrative relief. After all, when the Mayor orders the police to stand down so the THUGS can destroy the City unabated the SHHTF and you have no one to count on but yourself.

If our elected officials expect people to flock to the City in the future and save it from economic collapse, they damn well better allow people to defend themselves, or it just isn't going to happen.

SW6906user

I am mid-stream in the application process, and am now more or less just waiting for an answer. I have had a bit of interaction with various MSP members along the way, but none have indicted a change or lack of change in the G&S policy. All have been very professional, and I do expect they would gladly implement a change if or when directed to do so.

You would think the events of the last week would have people screaming from the mountain top for the ability to exercise self-defense, and will open the eyes of those with authority to provide a little administrative relief. After all, when the Mayor orders the police to stand down so the THUGS can destroy the City unabated the SHHTF and you have no one to count on but yourself.

If our elected officials expect people to flock to the City in the future and save it from economic collapse, they damn well better allow people to defend themselves, or it just isn't going to happen.

Well said Gryphon and good luck with the process.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I feel worse for those who woke up after Monday's riots and wanted to buy a gun for self-defense and were denied their rights. Handgun sales: now weeks of waiting, and hundreds of dollars to qualify just to have the OPTION to purchase one.

MD laws: keeping citizens safer, one denial at a time. It's for your own good. Move along, nothing to see here.

When it's easier and cheaper to buy a handgun on the street, that's what law-abiding people will do out of necessity. I wonder how many gang-bangers made a profit selling illegal handguns to otherwise honest citizens?

Jimet

Feb 4, 2007
    Harford Co.
    In light of the current situation, do you suppose the police may look the other way when they encounter an otherwise decent citizen who happens to have a firearm in his possession without a permit?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    "No one trusts the po-po"?

The cops are charged because they were found to have done something wrong, just like a citizen. Unless you want a system where enforcers of the law are immune to it, this is the way things work. Also, charges do not equal a conviction.

Criminal court is the one finds that someone has done something wrong, not a States Attorney. They are the ones who on a whim let off child molesters and people who burn an entire city. These charges are politically motivated as is the office of SA. No laws have been found to have been broken at this point. I understand that the media has already convicted these 6 people. But courts (IMHO) will find things differently, as they have in almost every other police related media whoring event of the last few years.

As I have said in other threads, policy is not law. Policy is an HR term.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    In light of the current situation, do you suppose the police may look the other way when they encounter an otherwise decent citizen who happens to have a firearm in his possession without a permit?

In our dreams, maybe.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Police might stand down,

They were ORDERED to stand down and move back. It wasn't their choice. I actually had a co-worker say that they should have backed off it was "just kids". IDIOT.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I know that this isn't a popular opinion, but this is where the HQL could work in our favor. By completing required training, fingerprints, and a background check, that should be all you need as a CCW. They even give you a shiny laminate with your picture on it. Seems like a simple, easy solution. Now if it was just as simple for Hogan to approve that, he just abolishes the current CCW, and we're done. I know it's a pope dream, but it's a solution.

JOESTEELER

Jul 23, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Please stop with what Gov Hogan should do about the carry issue for a minute. Damn after all of the years of wasting tax payers money and taxes that are so insane coming out of Annapolis . The community should not be one of instant gratification. Yes we have been put upon by those with no understanding or compassion but will get our time to be heard. I just think that showing we are willing to wait for some issues to be resolve would serve the COMMUNITY in the long run . Just the opinion of a country boy with a South Carolina public education.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

CrazyIvan

Crazy Ivan
    Aug 2, 2013
    Scaggsville (Howard County)
    Please stop with what Gov Hogan should do about the carry issue for a minute. Damn after all of the years of wasting tax payers money and taxes that are so insane coming out of Annapolis . The community should not be one of instant gratification. Yes we have been put upon by those with no understanding or compassion but will get our time to be heard. I just think that showing we are willing to wait for some issues to be resolve would serve the COMMUNITY in the long run . Just the opinion of a country boy with a South Carolina public education.

The bottom line is that we are not demanding instant gratification. We have been patient for a very long time. Every time we're patient our rights are infringed upon even further. We were patient for years and had to endure a 20 round magazine limit, we were patient some more and ended up with a commission that has to approve what pistols we can buy, then we were patient yet again and we now have a 10 round magazine limit, an onerous handgun qualification license, as well as a ban of the most common rifles that are still available throughout the rest of the country. What exactly are we being patient for? If we're patient long enough, the second amendment will be repealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom