• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I thought Glocks were fugly and had awful triggers. But I came around. The next gen of poly rifles is upon us and there's no going back. This may not be the final solution, but it's a step along the way.

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    I agree - it is where the future is headed. I think it is a cool design - few moving parts, very little maintenance, modular barrels that can be changed out in a minute with no tools, switchable ejection, etc.

I will probably own one at some point. They are just a bit spendy still.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I too am intrigued in getting one just for how different it is, the pedigree, plus I am a black rifle shooter/collector so this is another one to add to my ever-expanding list before I die or the government decides to ban them. Plus prices are dropping like crazy on it so I hope I am able to get one before production stops if popularity does not pick up limiting what will be left since I want new not a used one.

You, sir, are a kook!

Part of the problem with picking sights, whether they be irons or glass, is that there are four billion choices. I have absolutely NO idea where to begin. I don't want to buy fifteen accessories. I just want a low mount red dot and possibly the ability to go from 1-6x magnification. I don't need or want to spent craploads of cash on it either as I have no plans to go into combat anytime soon.

In other words, I just want to shoot and enjoy myself. I don't need or want to be a "tacticool operator" :rolleyes:

So I'm open to suggestions for a starting point.

Vortex Optics would be the best bet for you.

They are a decent quality company and fall in the $100-$200 range so you are not buying a crazy expensive Aimpoint/Trijicon or a piece of junk NCStar airsoft quality scope. They have a variety of standard rifle and red dot optics for whatever type of shooting you plan to do. They also have an unlimited lifetime warranty for any reason it brakes they will replace it free of charge.

Reviews on them have been excellent too from a variety of online gun forums and reviews elsewhere online.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/

For iron sights I would go Troy or Midwest Industries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom