• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The people of PA should not let this happen. They should demand this proceeds as the grand jury ruled.

Jim Smith
    How can they override the state supreme court? Or are you proposing an appeal?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This appeal is crap. Its a procedural claim..delay only. Why would someone who did nothing wrong obstruct a process that could clear her name?

If she wins it just means the legislature gets a crack at her...;)

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    Hopefully she burns quickly and they replace her with someone who will restore reciprocity with UT.
    Even if Kane gets removed that won't change the "no non-resident permits" reciprocity agreements she demanded and signed.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Even if Kane gets removed that won't change the "no non-resident permits" reciprocity agreements she demanded and signed.

We have family we visit often in PA and we have UT permits that went up in smoke with this decision. So we were pretty burned up about it.

What would be the process for reversing it and getting UT reciprocity back to PA?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    We have family we visit often in PA and we have UT permits that went up in smoke with this decision. So we were pretty burned up about it.

What would be the process for reversing it and getting UT reciprocity back to PA?

My father (DE Res) went up to Lancaster last week and walked out with his Non-Res in less than 20 minutes. That included them taking his picture, PICS check, printing out the permit, shaking his hand and thanking him.

They said if he was a PA resident he would have been out in less than 10 minutes since they could have scanned the back of his drivers license rather than hand writing the form out. :eek:

How about that happening in MD. Now that's something to laugh about.

Oh, and the PA Non-Res was $20 for 5 years.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    And what's wrong with a little road trip???
    Other than the unnecessary expense, nothing. I presume that's why they changed the rule, to increase the expense of a PA non-res permit once Kane started on her non-resident permit crusade.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I was looking into changing my residence to PA using our place up there as my address, getting a PA drivers license etc. Since I work as a contractor down here who's to say I don't go home every weekend. My retirement is tax free in PA also. However while researching everything it turns out MD has a law that if you work/reside in MD more than I think it was 200 days a year you are a resident. Do the math, it's just under every weekend + holidays.:mad54:

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    It can't be much farther than the trips many of us have taken to Annapolis over the years.

It's only not that big of I deal because I'd assume it's mostly neighboring state residents going to pick one up. Can you imagine if you suddenly had to be physically present in Utah to get their non-resident permit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom