• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I remember reading somewhere that it has to do with the way the weights inside the buffers work. I believe the one slinding weight inside the H buffer works to keep the bolt from bouncing by acting like a secondary hammer strike after the buffer initially pushes the bolt forward. Whereas the 9mm buffer doesn't have sliding weights. I could be remembering wrong or quoting someone that was incorrect.

That's why HK bolts have tungsten powder ("granulate") in them. You definitely notice a weight that moves back and forth when you shake the H, H2 and H3 buffers.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Throw in an unshrouded carrier, notched hammer and a gun with bolt bounce and problems can start to add up real fast.
    Is this why you recommended changing the hammer in mine? You told me but I don't remember. AR ran great all day btw. :thumbsup:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Is this why you recommended changing the hammer in mine? You told me but I don't remember. AR ran great all day btw. :thumbsup:

Notched hammers can lead to Carrier Wear, and cycling prolems. It has nothing to do with bolt bounce, but then you have other issues abd bolt bounce its hard to diagnose problems.

Its best to use a solid setup and then see it any problems rear their head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom