• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    Looking for a RDIAS or registered receiver if anyone has a lead. Thank you.

willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    What would be an alternative suggestion? I'm open. I checked that...out of control.

I'm open to a RR as well. Figured RDIAS would save some but maybe not. Shortage of lowers no problem.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    What would be an alternative suggestion? I'm open. I checked that...out of control.

I'm open to a RR as well. Figured RDIAS would save some but maybe not. Shortage of lowers no problem.

Haha.... told you... out of control! You can get AL ones a bit cheaper but they are more expensive than registered receivers for the most part.

All depends on your budget... how much do you want to spend?

Colt Marked M16 are over $20K right now.
    Registered Ar15 Conversions are $15K-$19K depending. Just be careful which you pick.
    Lightning Links are a bit cheaper yet.

I am about ready to buy one soon. I was going to do a M16A1 but at current prices, it will probably be a SP1 or Sendra or.... AR15 Conversion....

What is your Goal? Also remember FN FNCs, Rugers AC556s, and AR180 are good guns that are half the price or so... Do you just want a 223 Assault Rifle or does it have the be the AR15/M16 Platform? Subgun?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

You would be lucky to find an RDIAS these days for $20k. One went recently for about $22.5K. I've seen asking prices $5K higher. Even LL have been in the 10-12K range lately.

willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    Have a ton of uppers that need an auto receiver or my ton of lowers that need a sear. No links. Either one is fine it will come down to what I can find for the money. Fun.

Get a bumpfire stock. It's just as much fun. I've owned both (RR AR15 machinegun and SSAR stock), and frankly, I'd rather have the money saved to spend on other things.

The other $19,651 you'd save over a RDIAS buys a LOT of ammo. Or it buys a lot of ammo AND a STEN, MAC, Uzi, Sterling, MK760, Norrell 10/22, American 180, AC556, FNC, M2 carbine, M1919 or various other machineguns that are still in the sub-$15K range

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Get a bumpfire stock. It's just as much fun. I've owned both (RR AR15 machinegun and SSAR stock), and frankly, I'd rather have the money saved to spend on other things.

The other $19,651 you'd save over a RDIAS buys a LOT of ammo. Or it buys a lot of ammo AND a STEN, MAC, Uzi, Sterling, MK760, Norrell 10/22, American 180, AC556, FNC, M2 carbine, M1919 or various other machineguns that are still in the sub-$15K range

I reluctantly have to agree. We go to the range at least once a month here in Afghan-o-land and shooting the HK416's at full auto reminds me of my Adams Arms SBR with a bumpstock. It's almost scary how similar. Unless you're kicking down doors, under a lot of stress while firing, machinegun competitions, etc; then a bumpfire stock on an AR is fine for mag dumps and plinking at the range or your friend's farm \ back yard. I'm saving up money for a nice F/A FNC when I'm out of here, not just because it's a somewhat affordable (relative) machinegun, but because it's a FN imported firearm. Something a little more exotic in my mind then just another AR-15/M16 platform firearm. Get the cheaper less seen machineguns. M2 Carbines and AR-180's are great examples. Good investments that are sure to increase in value when F/A AR-15's get beyond stupid expensive.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I have an RLL, make me the right offer, I might consider transferring it. Although, honestly, I am reluctant to do so at this time, however, everything has a price.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Damn, I knew RDIAS was like looking for a Unicorn but it looks like they've gone up 10k in the last year. Get an RR, cheaper these days. All Class III stuff has gone thru the roof in the last year. Even MAC's are 5-6k. Wish I had used my IRA to buy a few things, I'd be WAY ahead.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Guys, While the Bumpfire stocks do work nicely, IMHO its not a substituted for the real thing. If all you do is blast ammo down range without really aiming, then yeah it may work for you. However if you wish to learn to control your fast fire, then it comes up lacking.

The other thing, is that the M16 is clearly the platform of the future. All kinds of great uppers will be available for it. So yeah its a bit more money but in the end it will be worth it, I think.

Right now I have enough for a FNC or AR18 but I think I will keep saving for a Registered AR15 conversion. Also they seem to be dropping back in price right now...

Guys, While the Bumpfire stocks do work nicely, IMHO its not a substituted for the real thing. If all you do is blast ammo down range without really aiming, then yeah it may work for you. However if you wish to learn to control your fast fire, then it comes up lacking.

The other thing, is that the M16 is clearly the platform of the future. All kinds of great uppers will be available for it. So yeah its a bit more money but in the end it will be worth it, I think.

I respectfully disagree.

When speaking of auto fire from infantry-type rifles like the AR platform, it has essentially only two purposes, neither of which are "controlled" in the sense of precision aiming. 1) very short periods of automatic fire to saturate an area with fire to force the opposition to maintain cover while other members move against them, or 2) in the room clearing role of a sub-machinegun.

Everyone I know who's ever shot anyone with a rifle (M16A2 or M4) was on "semi" and aiming with an optic.

AR's quickly bring the suck when people try to use them as a SAW or GPMG because they aren't designed for it. So really, they are only suited for the SMG role, and control and precision across the length of a room doesn't mean the same thing as laying down a proper beaten-zone 200-800 yards away as you would with a SAW or GPMG.

Really, I'm surprised the current AR-platform still has an "auto" function, actually. But "burst" fills that SMG role, I suppose.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Yeah I would love to get a registered M16 lower. Does not have to be Colt. Have seen them for $13-19K depending. Prefer small push pin standard as that would work with all my uppers. Not sure what would be a good brand. I have several uppers I would love to try out.

Dave

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I respectfully disagree.

When speaking of auto fire from infantry-type rifles like the AR platform, it has essentially only two purposes, neither of which are "controlled" in the sense of precision aiming. 1) very short periods of automatic fire to saturate an area with fire to force the opposition to maintain cover while other members move against them, or 2) in the room clearing role of a sub-machinegun.

Everyone I know who's ever shot anyone with a rifle (M16A2 or M4) was on "semi" and aiming with an optic.

AR's quickly bring the suck when people try to use them as a SAW or GPMG because they aren't designed for it. So really, they are only suited for the SMG role, and control and precision across the length of a room doesn't mean the same thing as laying down a proper beaten-zone 200-800 yards away as you would with a SAW or GPMG.

Really, I'm surprised the current AR-platform still has an "auto" function, actually. But "burst" fills that SMG role, I suppose.

I could be wrong by current military doctrine is moving away from this idea? From my understanding the Military has decided to go back to the safe-Semi-Full and get rid of the three shot burst if I recall correctly?

Either way and agreeing with your two points, if one is busy concentrating on keeping the "bump" going with a gun thats moving much much more than a FA gun would... it makes it very hard to keep anywhere close to the same level of precision accuracy one would be capable of with a M16. We usually shoot at 50 yards and keeping a M16 on target, meaning FA bursts in a Body sized target, is not hard. However I found the bumpfire stock to move the gun around enough that is lost any real idea of precision accuracy. Moving while shooting would be pretty much out of the question as would anything but standing fire.

All that said, for fun at the range, you can take a M16 and pretty much hit standard targets consistently and often with your fire. The same can't be said for the bumpfire at any kind of range. So for those of us mostly looking at a range gun, if you just want to dump ammo, yeah the bumpfire stock will work for you. However if you really want to hit anything, its really not a substitute. Its a great value but the price of M16s is not going down in the private market because of bumpfire stocks cutting into the market...

Yeah I would love to get a registered M16 lower. Does not have to be Colt. Have seen them for $13-19K depending. Prefer small push pin standard as that would work with all my uppers. Not sure what would be a good brand. I have several uppers I would love to try out.

Check M60 Joe's website. He adds bushing to the larger pins and the redrills for the smaller pins. So you can shoot anything on your SP1 lower... I think thats where I may end up. I am in the same place as not really knowing which conversions to trust. I think a SP1 or Sendra is where I would feel best at this point and try and stay clear of Olympic receivers... but I do need to do more research.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The problem with burst guns is if you only fire 2 rds, the next time you pull the trigger it will only fire 1 rd until you let the trigger reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom