• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    So I was one of the people that got in after the ruling and was obviously initially disapproved. I formally requested the appeal. That was months ago!!

Today I get this letter....

Attachments

• handgun permit.pdf
      1.3 MB · Views: 527

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    How are these people selected for the handgun review board and as a law abiding citizen can some if not all of them be removed from the handgun review board. What's dishearting is that if it was one of their family members in need of a maryland handgun permit someone on that review board would cut through all of the red tape and they would have it in one hour. When it comes to getting a handgun permit in maryland it's not what you right down on your application it's who you know. The state of maryland does not care about the law abiding citizen at all, they are only worried about job titles and how much money your business bring in WTF.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Alright sounds stupid ,but what's the difference between a handgun permit and an HQL ?

Not stupid - just hard to keep the idiocy straight

An HQL is an invention embedded in the FSA2013 which gives you permission to purchase a pistol (must be on the roster) after 01 Oct 13. The HQL requires you to be fingerprinted, pay a fee and go thru the infamous, super extra thorough MSP background check.

In spite of having an HQL, you must pass a background check and wait 8 days every time you want to purchase a pistol and after 10 years (I believe) you must pay a renewal fee.

A 'permit' is a license to carry concealed. There was a short time span between Judge Legg issuing the decision which invalidated the good and substantial standard the MSP uses to grant the license and the appellate court issuing a stay while the appeal was processed. Ultimately Judge Legg's decision was overturned.

There were 300 or so folks who applied for their permit in that time window who are now getting their denial letters.

--
    Shamr0ck

Jradack

Dec 12, 2013
    Somd

An HQL is an invention embedded in the FSA2013 which gives you permission to purchase a pistol (must be on the roster) after 01 Oct 13. The HQL requires you to be fingerprinted, pay a fee and go thru the infamous, super extra thorough MSP background check.

In spite of having an HQL, you must pass a background check and wait 8 days every time you want to purchase a pistol and after 10 years (I believe) you must pay a renewal fee.

A 'permit' is a license to carry concealed. There was a short time span between Judge Legg issuing the decision which invalidated the good and substantial standard the MSP uses to grant the license and the appellate court issuing a stay while the appeal was processed. Ultimately Judge Legg's decision was overturned.

There were 300 or so folks who applied for their permit in that time window who are now getting their denial letters.

--
    Shamr0ck

Ah thanks for the clarification. I was starting to get nervously confused.

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp

--
    Shamr0ck

Ok I thought it had to do with carry . I have 2 pistols ,won't buy another till I move out of this ******** or Infringment law is over turned.Ill stick with cash and carry rifles.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Trust me, the HPRB hearing is just a sham effort anyway (BTDT as one of the pre-stay applicants). The pessimist in me speculates that the HPRB received direction/suggestion from someone to just shitcan the rest to stop the tide of people complaining that they were not meeting the 90 calendar day time limit stipulated in statute (my hearing was somewhere in the neighborhood of a year after my informal review and subsequent request for a hearing, and only got escalated after involving a delegate).

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl

--
    Shamr0ck
    What he said.... I was one if the 300 applicants.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My wife and I haven't yet applied for our permits.
    Is it worth it now?

If you aren't a business owner, no, it's not worth it.

You'd get more fulfillment from handing me $250 bucks, letting me kick you square in the nuts and then walking away in shame.

:o

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    If you aren't a business owner, no, it's not worth it.

You'd get more fulfillment from handing me $250 bucks, letting me kick you square in the nuts and then walking away in shame.

:o

Save your money for the Moving truck. It cost me almost 10k to put 2200 miles between me and you f#kers.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Trust me, the HPRB hearing is just a sham effort anyway (BTDT as one of the pre-stay applicants). The pessimist in me speculates that the HPRB received direction/suggestion from someone to just shitcan the rest to stop the tide of people complaining that they were not meeting the 90 calendar day time limit stipulated in statute (my hearing was somewhere in the neighborhood of a year after my informal review and subsequent request for a hearing, and only got escalated after involving a delegate).

Can't the applicant request a transcript of the meeting? :innocent0

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    So I was one of the people that got in after the ruling and was obviously initially disapproved. I formally requested the appeal. That was months ago!!

Today I get this letter....

I got the same. I was also one of the pre-stay applications. I actually requested Aug 9th 2013, for a formal review.

Everyone is busy watching the Palmer thread, however I will be watching this.
    Based upon letter implies "So sue us". If it is not too cost prohibitive $100-$200 or less to file I think I will. I do not need a lawyer, I just need satisfaction. I want to look the person in the eye who is telling me "Your life is not worth shit to protect", and them waiting almost a year to say so.

Has anyone followed up on the legal action yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom