• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    So what are the IPs going to do if they can't sell AR's, AK's, pistols with mags > 10 rounds and can't get ammo?

Colt 45's ?
    Pistols w/o mags?
    Skeet guns?
    Police Dept's only?

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    There will be allot of people out of work .

You don't expect Marty and his cronies to do anything for the working people in MD do you ?

His and their voter base is welfare recipients and criminals , gotta make it easier for them :sad20:

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Some manufacturer's sell handguns with 10rnd magazines intended for places already this terrible.

I doubt I will ever by another handgun in MD. Not getting a "license", not paying to get fingerprinted, not spending time or money on some retarded class when I've owned over 5 handguns in the last 5 years.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    O'Malley brags about how many jobs he created in Maryland on his facebook page, compare that to how many he is costing with this legislation, not to mention tax revenue.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I would think it would lead to some ranges closing as well. If they can't sell banned weapons, rent them, have no ammo to shoot through them, have no customers with ammo and banned weapons, and difficulty purchasing new ones, they are fu*ked as well.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I stopped into Gun connection for some parts to learn that owner and wife were house shopping in Texas

Yep. Dan told me about this at the March 1st hearing. Sucks since they're one of my favorite shops. They've always been good to me. But I can't blame em.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Many gun shops and some gun ranges will certainly close in Maryland if this bill passes and its current form. I think some of the gun ranges will close because of the permitting process requiring people to have a permit to rent a firearm. Some ranges will find a way to survive with security on trucks and police department contracts. some shops with large buying power will survive selling things to police departments and selling hi and items that are not banned that apply to hunting and target sports. Other smaller shops that survive will most certainly have to do mail order sales or have a gunsmith to cover a majority of the overhead. When the dust settles I bet 2 thirds of all gun shops and ranges in Maryland closes their doors

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Many gun shops and some gun ranges will certainly close in Maryland if this bill passes and its current form. I think some of the gun ranges will close because of the permitting process requiring people to have a permit to rent a firearm. Some ranges will find a way to survive with security on trucks and police department contracts. some shops with large buying power will survive selling things to police departments and selling hi and items that are not banned that apply to hunting and target sports. Other smaller shops that survive will most certainly have to do mail order sales or have a gunsmith to cover a majority of the overhead. When the dust settles I bet 2 thirds of all gun shops and ranges in Maryland closes their doors

Yes, who the hell is going to buy a gun with all of the proposed restrictions. And with the lack of ammo, who will be shooting? Even if things become "normal" again, the time of recovery will kill many a shop / range.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Yes, who the hell is going to buy a gun with all of the proposed restrictions. And with the lack of ammo, who will be shooting? Even if things become "normal" again, the time of recovery will kill many a shop / range.

You are absolutely correct with the buying portion. The Maryland State Police plans on implementing an electronic background check system tentatively in February2014. Thats 5 months after the law takes effect. Will they not allow purchases till that happens? No one knows. It possible it will likely take the maryland state police at least 6 months after october first to process the people who decides to get purchase permits. So in theory it will be no gun sales for handguns for almost half a year. Handguns and Black rifles make up a majority of gunshop sales. So dealer with overhead cant sustain this when you have places like bass pro selling hunting guns cheaper than shops distributors well them.

The shops who just blew out all of their inventory at normal prices now can't restock and build reserves to hold them over when this dry spell takes place. I bet guys who bought from these places who will be closing won't be paying the unemployed shop owners bills for "not gouging".

Lots of shops and ranges will close. Places like Bart's and Atlantic who have buying power will survive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom