• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    This guy did a 3 part series on them, I would suggest if you are thinking of using RIP ammo you should watch all three and draw your own conclusions. If you read the comments and google around, he pissed off some of the round's supporters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psGFPRpWZ3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_27...eature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_4196499205

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hp...otation_id=annotation_3209397799&noredirect=1

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    anyone remember the Black Talon.. the Rhino. extreme shocks. ..Eldorado starfires.. crazy rounds but all had their followings... I personally like the Glaser Safety slugs...

I still load my carry guns with Black Talon that I stockpiled over the years, great stuff.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Popuoar request.

It WILL transfer energy into tissue. The energy doesn't simply disappear the issue is that instead of a singular projectile traveling along a path and retaining most of its energy you have multiple smaller projectiles losing (proportionally) much larger portions of its energy. The other issue is that handguns suck. Theres a very basic limit in how much energy you can pack into a pistol cartridge and still retain the hand held facet and controllability. Theres only one way to get a one shot stop and that is severing the connection between the spinal cord and the brain. Instant light switch.

this is true, it is more effective than even putting a round through the corpus callosum or frontal lobes, both of which are theoretically survivable if you're lucky.

Hit someone in the neck and not only is the top of their spine gone, but most likely their brainstem is porridge and that is quite literally lights out IMMEDIATELY.

The brain communicates with the body through the spine- sever that high enough and even if the guy IS still alive there's nothing he can do to you

There's a reason people put the gun in their mouth when they want to check out (if they're smart anyways) instead of to the temple

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    anyways, seeing how well it works on hogs has made me a believer

People think the whole 'shoot behind the ear' thing is to get to the brain

Nope- it's the neck of the hog you're aiming at, and this method, if you can land a hit has literally NEVER LET ME DOWN, the farthest I've seen a hog shot in the neck go is literally two hops.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Didn't mopar start a thread over the summer about REALLY liking men in assless chaps??? I'm sure glad I don't wear chaps, 'speshally assless. :lol2:

Isn't saying "assless caps" like saying two-part epoxy? Is there any other kind?:D

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Once again, Lou is trying to hide something. He knows that chaps are inherently assless. The only difference is that Lou has custom pink Spandex and leather chaps.
    I saw him rollerblading in them just yesterday. :innocent0

Damned, I thought Chad covered my 6 on that one as he and I went rollerbladin' by ya' hand in hand. :lol2:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Save your money OP the ammo is an overpriced turd. Stick with quality JHPs like Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot amongst others.

Oh I'm not buying the stuff, just put it out there for shits & giggles.

And sorry if it's a dupe. I searched, but as we know, the way threads are titled these days, it's often difficult to find dupes, so I titled mine appropriately (I think)

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I still load my carry guns with Black Talon that I stockpiled over the years, great stuff.

good stuff.

The Black Talons were replaced by the Winchester SXT's. SXT stands for Same eXact Thing.

RIP ammo is a crock of shit. They do bring out a special breed of customers that like them, however. :lol2:

Modern bonded JHPs are a very good option for self defense. A frangible bullet doesn't make much sense unless you want to shoot pumpkins.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Didn't mopar start a thread over the summer about REALLY liking men in assless chaps??? I'm sure glad I don't wear chaps, 'speshally assless. :lol2:
    Isn't saying "assless chaps" like saying two-part epoxy? Is there any other kind?:D
    That has always bothered me. Greenhorn city folk out here on the East Coast love to say "assless chaps," and to me, being from cattle and ranch country in the Midwest, it just sounds dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom