• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have been drawn to the Norinco 1911 for a while and I think I may want to pick one up. Id rather get one locally if possibile so I wondered first off, what did people think of them and second if anyone had one they might consider parting with. Thanks...

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I picked one up a few years back used for $160 :innocent0

Its a decent gun, but it jams every once in a while on the last shot. I'm sure its easily fixed, i've just never had it looked at.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Just wondering why? They haven't been imported since Clinton, so unless you find one that has been siting at a dealers unsold, unlikely, you will have to buy used. If you get a used, did anyone take a Dremel or other tool to it?

I can understand wanting one but you need to be careful.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I fully understand that most everything that will be found will be used. I have many older handguns, one as old at 1926 that I still shoot. I have only bought 2 new guns since i started collecting, everything else I own has been purchased used.

As for why I want one, I dont know what attracts me to it. Maybe the same thing that attracts me to my Tokarevs. Bad taste? lol

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I own a commander length norinco. After some work to bring its controls and form into line with my other 1911s, I actually carry it rather often.

Boss carried a full size norinco for years.

Like all guns, there are good ones and bad ones. Many bad ones can be made into good ones with some time and parts. Mine never had issues, but I wanted to keep all my 1911s the same with respect to controls.

I know an old-school shooter or two that has a match gun built on a Norinco frame.....

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Okay Sled, think of it this way............would you buy a Tokarev made in the USA?

Thats a bad analogy for me. I have 5 Toks, one Polish, one Romanian, one Yugo, and I also have 2 Norico Toks.. one in 9mm and one in 7.62.

Unless the USA made one was a proven POS, I prolly would seek it out too. :D

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    I will speake for the unloved norinco!!
    I have 2 and love them both!! i have shot steel plate matches with one and the other
    is in my nightstand. these guns were good milspec. copys of the 1911 Hell I am thinking of buying a third one that Bel Air gun has.

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    I think*** gunrunners in frederick has one in his case. But he is only open at night.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They are not bad guns, decent 1911. But you probably can get an RIA in the same configuration for the same price.

Unless you are into collecting chinese guns............

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I have one, shoots okay. Why some people like these are that they are milled steel not made from castings like many other 1911A1's

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    lol... Well you tried.. ;)

I wonder how much that one is at Bel Air :innocent0

ok I will try again:innocent0

the frames of the norinco are machined not cast. When I bought the first on it was new and cost me $395.95 ( a few years back lets say)
    the used on I bought was $250.00 a few years later.
    both guns are well built, shoot fine stock and will feed any thing I put in the magazine. they are great platforms to build on and take any after market parts you can throw at them.

now that we have all the cheeper inport guns the poor old norinco gets no love!

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    lol... Well you tried.. ;)

I wonder how much that one is at Bel Air :innocent0

ok I will try again:innocent0

the frames of the norinco are machined not cast. When I bought the first on it was new and cost me $395.95 ( a few years back lets say)
    the used on I bought was $250.00 a few years later.
    both guns are well built, shoot fine stock and will feed any thing I put in the magazine. they are great platforms to build on and take any after market parts you can throw at them.

now that we have all the cheeper inport guns the poor old norinco gets no love!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Norincos are really solid 1911's. Some of my nicest custom jobs have been on Norinco 1911's.

They wont command resell value once modded but are a good foundation. As they sit in stock configuration Im not too fond of them but they are good bases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom