• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    After 20 years of being away, I'm back in the Pentagon. I have to leave my good knife at home, since the blade is over 2.5" long. What's a good folder for under $100 with a 2.5" or shorter blade? Thanks.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Here are a few possibilities which fall within your parameters:

Boker Plus Chad Los Banos Compliance
    Boker Plus Kalashnikov Mini
    Cold Steel Micro Recon 1
    Cold Steel Tuff Lite
    Mantis MR-1
    Mantis MT-9
    SOG Flash I
    Spyderco Ambitious
    Spyderco Chicago
    Spyderco Delica4 Kahr Arms
    Spyderco Dragonfly 2

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    get this...especially with that sale...
    http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/SP...de-carbon-fiber-laminate-and-titanium-handles

If not, then this could strike your fancy for a cheap option(especially with this sale price)
    http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CS...-folding-knife-serrated-blade-grivory-handles

Was thinking the dice too, that is an awesome price, good steel, Ti framelock/flipper with CF scale, not cheap, but you do get a lot for the money. Handled a domino and dice, some of the finest EDC knives you could buy. Probably a dragonfly if the cost was a bit steep, or you were worried it could be taken despite being 2.5".

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I wouldn't take the chance of bringing a battle station knife to work, most guards would measure the blade starting from the handle and it is clearly longer than 2.5". Carry a pair of scissors like DHS suggests. You can have a 10" long pair of scissors and I bet nobody will harass you about it.

Attachments

• dhsobama.jpg
      dhsobama.jpg
      35 KB · Views: 281

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    I work on fed land too for many years now. I have quick a collection as a result (see pic) though the ones I consistently bring to work are the Cold Steel Tuff Lite, the BenchMite II, and the Leatherman Micra.

Attachments

• IMG_5084.jpg
      IMG_5084.jpg
      84.9 KB · Views: 263

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Look at a Camillus 'Lev-r-lok'. Of all my pocket knives, it's my favorite. Hands down. It's as fast as a switch blade and powered only by your thumb.

Sorry. Small as it would go on photobucket

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Look at a Camillus 'Lev-r-lok'. Of all my pocket knives, it's my favorite. Hands down. It's as fast as a switch blade and powered only by your thumb.

Sorry. Small as it would go on photobucket

I wouldn't use that knife, I'm pretty sure it's a collector's item since the Camillus factory in New York closed down.
    EDIT: Just checked, they're selling for up to $120 on ebay in mint condition with the original box and $50+ without the box.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wouldn't use that knife, I'm pretty sure it's a collector's item since the Camillus factory in New York closed down.
    EDIT: Just checked, they're selling for up to $120 on ebay in mint condition with the original box and $50+ without the box.

This is my 'out and about' knife. Not my every day carry. Didn't realize they closed. Think I still have the box(my buddy gives me hell about keeping boxes) but, I would never part with it. Twas a gift from a good friend.:thumbsup:

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    Where does measurement start? I could take a 1/4" off the back and you'd never even know.

Measurement starts where ever the [possibly cognitively disabled] gate guard decides it does. Could be just the sharpened edge or could be starting at the top of the handle. When it comes to this kind of thing it's not really about case law but about common practice, because we're not talking about arrest. In security stations you are asked to present items you are carrying to a tray. If you plop it right there honestly without any attempt to conceal it or smuggle it in, showing the reasonable belief that you thought it was short enough, the worst that will happen is the guard says this knife cannot come in. You either have to throw it in the trash or leave and come back without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom