• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I saw an AR carbine with a pistol buffer tube and a collapsible stock that another member had posted a picture of, but I can't find it now. It looked kind of like the MP5 stock, with two rods going on either side of the buffer tube. Who makes it and where can I get one?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    3.5 weeks and I'll put the order in. My question would be will it work with a carbine length gas system or will I need to go pistol length? And will it work with .300 AAC without destroying the system?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    img_1698.jpg

That setup, with a suppressor instead of the Flaming Pig, would make for an awesome PDW.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    The second stock looks pretty neat. But which .22 upper doesn't need the buffer tube? I know my Chiappa one needs it.

Cool stocks. Not sure what the Chiappa has for a bolt group. The CMMG/Spikes technically don't even require a spring in the buffer tube. Everything is contained within the bolt group. It would work with just a cap on the end really, so nothing would be exposed. Looks like that stock has a super short tube and the rest of it attaches that.

22BA487-2T.jpg

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Cool stocks. Not sure what the Chiappa has for a bolt group. The CMMG/Spikes technically don't even require a spring in the buffer tube. Everything is contained within the bolt group. It would work with just a cap on the end really, so nothing would be exposed. Looks like that stock has a super short tube and the rest of it attaches that.

22BA487-2T.jpg

Hmm, I think I'll take the spring and buffer out of my lower and work the action. If it works without them, this second stock will be on my list for the plastic lower I'll pick up later this year.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Hmm, I think I'll take the spring and buffer out of my lower and work the action. If it works without them, this second stock will be on my list for the plastic lower I'll pick up later this year.

ACE also has side folders for use with AR-15/22s

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Well, the place I ordered the short stock from just charged my card. If anyone has a short, non-NFA AR and a tape measure, can you please give me an overall length of the whole rifle with the stock fully collapsed?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Well, the place I ordered the short stock from just charged my card. If anyone has a short, non-NFA AR and a tape measure, can you please give me an overall length of the whole rifle with the stock fully collapsed?

It doesn't matter, feds measure with the stock fully open!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom