• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I don't think you can "overlube" a weapon in most situations. However, I have seen many people have to cease fire with an M4 or M16 due to oil from a heavily lubed weapon blowing back into their face. It takes a lot of lube for that to happen though.

I went with a dry-lube for my time in the sandbox. Saw too much grit trapped in lube for me to go that way. Worked for me, won't speak for others.

I get the purpose of their video but do still feel it's situational dependent.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I don't think you can "overlube" a weapon in most situations. However, I have seen many people have to cease fire with an M4 or M16 due to oil from a heavily lubed weapon blowing back into their face. It takes a lot of lube for that to happen though.

We had a dude on contract get a face full of lube when we initially BZO'd our M4's, and we just laughed at him. :D

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    AR direct impingement need more lube if shooting a lot at one time but lube attracks dirt, piston does not need as much lube IMHO. What do you think!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A D.I. AR15 can go tens of thousands of rounds with little maintenance. Just use good mags, quality ammo, and keep her lubed.

Even in conditions like the desert it's best to use lube. Lube allows contaminants to be displaced, a dry gun does not. Even the U.S. Military has observed this through testing.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    A D.I. AR15 can go tens of thousands of rounds with little maintenance. Just use good mags, quality ammo, and keep her lubed.

Even in conditions like the desert it's best to use lube. Lube allows contaminants to be displaced, a dry gun does not. Even the U.S. Military has observed this through testing.

That's been my experience as well. In fact, my issued M4 was more reliable than a Type II AK that we had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom