• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Im a member of DVOR which is a buyer who buys stuff from other venders and gets you a pretty good price on some of the items, this is one of those good deals. I have this scope already and i got it for 185 and that was a good deal. this is a little better.

If you are not a member already you can use this invite link, but Hurry cause the links only last a certain time or until they get the amount they need to order.

http://www.dvor.com/s/8f0fp6

Konus Konuspot 20-60x80 Angled Spotting Scope, Blue w/ Objective Lens Case 7120

Invite & Share
    Ends in 2 Days, 12:53:37
    $164.00
    $469.99
    Save $305.99 (65%)
    Konus
    DVOR# ----- UPC ----- MPN -----
    Select Options

Please select options above.
    Ends in 2 Days, 12:53:37
    Description
    Konus KONUSPOT 20-60x80mm Spotting Scope w/ Eyepiece represents one of the best values in an 80mm spotting scope on the market today. When your 60mm spotting scope starts to fade at higher magnifications, you need the 80mm of aperture provided by the Konuspot 20-60x80. 80mm means not only an increase in brightness over smaller spotting scopes, it also means better image quality, especially at higher magnifications. Yet despite its size, the Konus 20-60x80mm is a very reasonable 55 oz in weight. This makes it a perfect companion on your next birding trip or outing to the shooting range.

The Konus KONUSPOT 20-60x80 also includes many of the nice touches you would expect on a great spotting scope. You get an extendable sunshade, lockable collar that allows the scope to rotate 360 degrees when mounted on a tripod, a forty-five degree angled eyepiece, smooth precise focusing with a conveniently located focusing knob, objective cover, and a zippered nylon case. Simply put, you will not find a better value in an 80mm spotting scope than the Konus Konuspot.

Specifications for Konus 20-60x80mm Spotting Scope:

Magnification: 20-60x
    Objective Diameter: 80mm
    Eyepiece Angle: 45 degree angled
    Eyepiece Type: zoom - removable
    Coatings: Multi-coated
    Field of View: 157 ft at 20x
    Eye Relief: 18mm at 20x, 12mm at 60x
    Weatherproofing: none
    Mounting: 1/4x20 thread - fits any standard camera tripod
    Length: 16.5"
    Weight: 55 oz
    Warranty: 1 Year
    Features of Konus Konuspot 20-60x80mm Spotting Scope:

80 mm Aperture
    Retractable scope lenshood
    Rotating tripod collar
    Sightline aids in spotting your subject
    Package Contents:

Konus Konuspot-80 20-60x80mm (3.1") Spotting Scope
    45deg. angled eyepiece
    Objective lens cap
    Zippered nylon case
    Specifications

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I've been using one for close to a year now and it works great out to the 100 yd max at my club. Haven't had to oppurntunity to push it any further as a spotting scope. That's a great price for a solid scope:thumbsup:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I Should also say that I was skeptical at first of the website when my buddy Lostsoul added me. There are some deals that are So So, but i have found other deals to be very good. I bought a few High end rifle bags for 20.00 Less each than anywhere else online , and lots of other Misc stuff at decent deals.

a example.. Here is a recent order. The Opmod bag is about 45.00 from Optic planet, I bought one through them, then DVOR put one on sale the following week, i went ahead and ordered a second for almost half to have as a spare.

Item Item Price Status
    1 x OPMOD TUB 1.0 Utility Bag ///$24.00 Item Shipped

1 x Stanley Vapor Sport Safety Glasses, Amber Lens RST-61007
    $4.50

Hazard4 Infidel Rubber Patch, Black PAT-INFD-BLK $4.00

1 x Galati Gear Scoped Rifle Sleeve 105962
    $4.00

Leupold Rifleman Riflescope Rings, Vertical Split, 30mm, 0.92 Height, Matte Black - 57337 2 x Leupold Rifleman Riflescope Rings, $16.00(8.00 each Set )

Order Subtotal $52.50
    Shipping Subtotal $9.99
    Grand Total $62.49

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Oldcar- A credit should be coming your way. I ordered the scope. Thanks for the input. I have been using a 25 year old BSA POS that works, but sucks bad. I have been looking for almost a year. It was not a high priority item until my 53 year old eyes starting telling me it was....
    Thanks for the link....

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Oldcar- A credit should be coming your way. I ordered the scope. Thanks for the input. I have been using a 25 year old BSA POS that works, but sucks bad. I have been looking for almost a year. It was not a high priority item until my 53 year old eyes starting telling me it was....
    Thanks for the link....

Sounds good, I actually had no Idea id even get a credit until they sent me a email that said this

Hey Dave

"Just wanted to give you a heads up—XXXXXX has accepted your invitation to join Dvor. Hooray! After your friend has made their first purchase, we'll credit your store account with $10. It's that simple!"

I was just in to to help you guys out, but Hey.. Ill take free credit :D

I like mine, Todbiker likes his, he has a older tripod on his which he doesnt care for but he bought his a while before me, My guess is you will get the newer tripod..

It is a little front heavy due to the big 80mm bell. There is two mounting holes to mount the scope base to the tripod. I mount mine in the front hole so the scope base hangs off the back of the tripod base and keeps the weight centered. Also a great thing i have found is that the eye piece rotates by loosening the screw on the side , this is good at the range we are at cause the seats are sometimes low and then you can turn the eye piece to your height.
    Hope you guys like it as much as we do. !

Last edited:

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    This is a fine scope. I use one. Jim Owens, a well known former Marine competitor, has promoted and sold this scope for years. I paid $190 for mine 4-5 years ago, and it was a great buy at the time.

Lew--Ranger63

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    God scope and good price. But I think they over state the retail price as I paid about $200 from Midway a couple of years ago.
    OP- also accepted your invite so I guess you'l get another credit when I make my first buy.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    God scope and good price. But I think they over state the retail price as I paid about $200 from Midway a couple of years ago.
    OP- also accepted your invite so I guess you'l get another credit when I make my first buy.

true, i have noticed that their Retail price always says a little higher than most. But some folks really do sell it for that high...

http://www.kmart.com/konuspot-80-sp...1023x272xTier3&aff=Y&PID=2035956&AID=10660381

and Midway is 279.99 now

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/46...-soft-case-armored-green?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Store Condition Price Store Info
    Amazon Marketplace New
    $229.00
    + Shipping

Sears New
    $229.36
    + Shipping

Amazon Marketplace New
    $252.02
    + Shipping

Overstock.com New
    $253.99
    + Shipping

Kmart New
    $469.99
    + $8.20 Shipping
    $478.19
    Go To Store For Purchase Information

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I've got the 20-60x100 model and it's very clear with decent eye relief. My only problem is it's size and weight. I needed to get a better tripod for it since I couldn't keep it on target with a cheap sunpak, it kept nosing straight down. I haven't brought it to the range for a while since I can see what I need through my scope at 200 yards as easily as through the spotter. I'll be bringing it on a vacation in July and then posting it for sale in classifieds here after that. The family has used it more often as a low power telescope than I have as a spotting scope.

I will definitely consider the 15-45x65 before my first F-class shoot in September. Not something you should run through the woods with but certainly a good range product.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I've got the 20-60x100 model and it's very clear with decent eye relief. My only problem is it's size and weight. I needed to get a better tripod for it since I couldn't keep it on target with a cheap sunpak, it kept nosing straight down. I haven't brought it to the range for a while since I can see what I need through my scope at 200 yards as easily as through the spotter. I'll be bringing it on a vacation in July and then posting it for sale in classifieds here after that. The family has used it more often as a low power telescope than I have as a spotting scope.

I will definitely consider the 15-45x65 before my first F-class shoot in September. Not something you should run through the woods with but certainly a good range product.

I heard that about the 100mm, thats why i stayed away from it and bought the 80mm.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Thanks again OCJ for the link.
    The scope arrived yesterday. Wow. I was not expecting the size of this thing. But thats ok, I plan on using it for it's intended purpose. I played around with it outside yesterday. It is so much clearer that the POS I was used to. I was able to count the strands of wire on the transformer lead about 100 yards away. Eye relief is sufficient. I did figure out about the scope rotating in its mount to move the eye piece. Nice feature. I will try to get it to the range this weekend to see if I can see the tiny holes. It will be a keeper. BTW, It came from optics planet.
    What are folks doing for a carry case that actually adds a bit of protection?

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thanks again OCJ for the link.
    The scope arrived yesterday. Wow. I was not expecting the size of this thing. But thats ok, I plan on using it for it's intended purposthere is a box there that is perfect for this. I will try to take a picture of it when I get home. But as usual I have a long day.e. I played around with it outside yesterday. It is so much clearer that the POS I was used to. I was able to count the strands of wire on the transformer lead about 100 yards away. Eye relief is sufficient. I did figure out about the scope rotating in its mount to move the eye piece. Nice feature. I will try to get it to the range this weekend to see if I can see the tiny holes. It will be a keeper. BTW, It came from optics planet.
    What are folks doing for a carry case that actually adds a bit of protection?

Awesome. Glad you like it. Figured all would.
    For a carry case I went to harbor freight. there is a box there that is perfect for the scope. I will try to take a picture of it once I get home. but as usual I have a long day ahead of me.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Here ya go, this is what im using for a case...

Attachments

• scope case.jpg
      scope case.jpg
      32.2 KB · Views: 163
    • scope case 2.jpg
      scope case 2.jpg
      57.3 KB · Views: 170
    • scope case1.jpg
      scope case1.jpg
      25 KB · Views: 174

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts