• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Hey all,
    So I am looking for some 37mm flares for one of those flare guns you can buy online. A buddy of mine bought one so long ago that I can't even remember when it was and he has never acutally shot it. This buddy of mine's birthday later this month and we are getting together to do some target shooting. So I thought being the good friend I would try to get a few 37mm flares and maybe 26.5mm flares. But not only can I not find any for sale online or if I did the shipping would cost more then the product would because they are considered hazmat. Does anyone know of any places that sell them at are localish? Or does anyone have a line on some? I don't want a ton of them since they are so expensive in the first place. But it would be nice to have like one 37mm and one 26.5mm for each of us to try.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The more you buy, the hazmat fee stays the same.

It is more cost effective to buy more than you need for the next time you want to go play.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    The more you buy, the hazmat fee stays the same.

It is more cost effective to buy more than you need for the next time you want to go play.

This is true. In a brick and morter store I feel like I might be able to get more then one type to try out. Starburst, Comet, Fireworks, etc. Mix and match. Plus I would be supporting local firearms/ammo stores which Maryland sorely needs people to do. :) But it is definitely an option if no one knows of a local person or any for sale locally "in the wild"

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Check out the Gettysburg gun show in a few weeks, there's sure to be some for sale there.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Gettysburg and Timonium are the same day... I think. Do you think they will have them there too?

The last several times I've been to Gettysburg the dealer that has flares has been there. On the right side of the room as you go in.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Make abso-damn-skippy-lutely sure that anything you might load in there doesn't violate Fed laws. Google is your friend. Unauthorized "destructive devices" = lots of trouble.

That is why I want to buy flares from a dealer. But I guess they could/do sell things that aren't actually legal to use...

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Also be sure to avoid using red flares. That is a maritime distress signal and can get you in trouble for false alarm, even on land.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Also be sure to avoid using red flares. That is a maritime distress signal and can get you in trouble for false alarm, even on land.

This is good info, thank you. Considering the property he own backs up to a national park... So we don't want any rangers thinking we are distressed hikers. This may just turn out to be a fools errand. But I was just thinking about getting 2+ 37mm and 2+ 26.5mm of the ones that are supposed to look like fireworks.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I do wish the gun shows listed who was going to be at the show. That way I would know which show I needed to go to this weekend to get these flares.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    It would be way more convenient to go to the timonuim show if someone there was going to be sell them. :) I guess Gettysburg is only an hourish a way... but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom