• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    I'm a recreational shooter that typically goes to the range once a month if I have the time, and only shoot out to 100 yards. With the limited amount of range time that I have I can only justify spending $150 or under for a red dot. Can anyone recommend a sight in that price range for use on an AR? My only requirement is that I need to be able to cowitness with my iron sights. Also, since I'm sure someone will say it, I know that you get what you pay for, but I just can't justify spending $500+ for a sight with the limited time I have allotted for the range. Thanks.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

MDshooters

Mar 26, 2012
    Salisbury MD
    I don't own one but the Vortex will be nice and better made than the Primary Arms.

I will say that I own the T1 micro clone that Primary Arms and for $70 bucks I think it was a great buy. I would not trust my life with it, but for training purposes it is an excellent budget optic. I also got a pair of different size of mounts from UTG to test out Absolute Co-Witness VS. Lower 1/3 Co-witness.

The _BEST_ budget optic deal right now???? The 10X40 Bushnell Elite Tactical. ;D

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Primary arms right now has bundle deal, red dot and 3x magnifier for around $130-140 with mounts for both. Add $40 for magnifier flip to side mount.

Pretty good budget friendly deal.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I don't own one but the Vortex will be nice and better made than the Primary Arms.
    Not true, as found in a recent comparison of the optics. Vortex really unfairly rides the reputation of their high end stuff when their low end stuff may as well be a different brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom