• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dan

Jun 14, 2012
    Calvert
    Interested in applying to be a trooper after I finish college. Anyone know what there medical requirements are?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You have to be tall enough for the governor to hide behind.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

Attachments

• fry-deliberate.jpg
      fry-deliberate.jpg
      21.9 KB · Views: 855

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Have you checked out the low payscale?

Have you checked out the low pay scale for college grads. IF one could get hired anyway. I'd rather be a state trooper for 8k less than any of the higher paying local depts. Having statewide jurisdiction is kind of nice too.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    I'd have to take a pretty hefty pay cut to become an officer, but I've been seriously contemplating it in order to do something that I feel matters / makes a difference.

dan

Jun 14, 2012
    Calvert
    Well I understand that there would be lower pay than I would make elsewhere, I'm okay with that. I'm a math major doing the computer programming/office thing right now, and it's just pretty damn unsatisfying. I don't think I want to spend the rest of my life like this. I'd go military if I could, but I have type one diabetes, very well controlled, but still a disqual. I know that some departments hire diabetics like me on a case by case basis, figured it was at least worth researching.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Depending how strong your math and computer skills are (and a host of other questions), FBI might be interested.

dan

Jun 14, 2012
    Calvert
    I've thought about working for an agency like that, but if at all possible I'd want to have boots on the ground, and I'm fairly certain if I got hired by them, it'd only be in the role of a programmer/analyst. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I want to wake up in the morning knowing there is a decent chance I'm gonna have to put my ass on the line.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I've thought about working for an agency like that, but if at all possible I'd want to have boots on the ground, and I'm fairly certain if I got hired by them, it'd only be in the role of a programmer/analyst. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I want to wake up in the morning knowing there is a decent chance I'm gonna have to put my ass on the line.

Negative Ghost rider. The Federal alphabet agencies hire those types as Agents. For years the surest path to the FBI was an accounting degree.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

my f-i-l retired from the agency. he was a math guy. all the story he tells us doesnt seem boring even though he's not in the fronline/clandestine, he travels few places etc.

dan

Jun 14, 2012
    Calvert
    Well thanks for the heads up on that guys. I'll have to look and see what those agencies had to offer. I always figured that you would need previous qualifications, military or police to qualify for any kind of federal Leo role.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Join the Border Patrol, they are always looking for people and you get shot at daily.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    The secret service was recruiting engineers at my school while I was there...I'm sure they'll take math/computer guys too

(just don't get mixed up with any prostitutes or we'll see you on the news :lol2:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom