• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    It's what you make of it. If you are not involved in the thug life and carry yourself like a man, you will not be bothered.

I have not been there in about 8 years, but that's because of no parking not the crime.

I used to live 2 blocks away and walk there all the time. No problems.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Perfectly normal, just take the wife and kids for a nice lunch on some evening when you want to relax and enjoy the atmosphere!

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    No shit? I was in there monday morning about 11. Only white guy there and probably only legal pistol in there too. Walked around, ate a little, saw the "special police" shoo a few drug deals away and went home. I was raining at that time, so there was that.....

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I go there 3 or 4 times a year for oysters or lunch. Yes you do have to be careful and remain aware of your surroundings but most of the violence there is internecine among the dealers & their customers.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I used to go there a lot for lunch. But once Pancho's closed (best burritos in the WORLD), there wasn't much reason to go.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The fact that a food place closes at 6:00 PM should tell you something.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    I used to go there for lunch when I worked at Charles and Fayette.....of course that was in the mid to late 1970's....no chance in hell I would go there now...just too many other places to get good food without having to watch the live version of Cops..........

Gordon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2011
    Baltimore City
    It's what you make of it. If you are not involved in the thug life and carry yourself like a man, you will not be bothered.

I have not been there in about 8 years, but that's because of no parking not the crime.

I used to live 2 blocks away and walk there all the time. No problems.

Well said,I still visit when I see the Doc down the street.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I used to go there for lunch when I worked over that way. I never had any problems

I worked a couple of blocks from the market after I got out of the USAF in 1970. Great place for lunch and family friendly then. Now, not so much. I was introduced to the soft crab sandwich there by two Maryland natives who said (after I ate it) that they had never had the nerve to try one.

cwalker3

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2010
    Forest Hill, Harford County
    If you want to visit a city market with good food then try Cross St. Market down in South Baltimore. Great seafood, sandwiches, subs, etc. You do have a few homeless people at the entrance on Charles St. but it's nothing like Lexington Market.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    When a place's top Yelp reviews all mention drug dealers, heroin addicts, beggars, and pigeons....

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    If you want to visit a city market with good food then try Cross St. Market down in South Baltimore. Great seafood, sandwiches, subs, etc. You do have a few homeless people at the entrance on Charles St. but it's nothing like Lexington Market.

+ my favorite sushi place (disregard my screen name)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom