• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I know some folks here like the older Ruger wood insert grips, I'm one. Anyway, Cont Arms has a nice 4" SS GP 100 on consignment with these grips. Not mine BTW. If I could swing it right now it would be.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Ruger still sells the old grips. Inexpensive. They fit all GP100s. Retailers like Midway carry them, too.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I love the GP100 but it sorely needs an overtravel screw like my Dan Wesson. No matter how hard you try to control it DA there is a shift in the point of aim after the release. Some day I will find a smith to do that for me.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Does anyone have a GP100 with these grips on it? I'd love to see how they look.

They make the GP100 a thing of beauty. The current Hogue grips are hideous.

Ruger-GP100-14.jpg

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    The new Hogues are ugly, but I'm no fan of the old style either. That "island" of wood surrounded by rubber just looks wrong to me.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    There are a lot of images on the internet re. The older rubber wooded grips. The only pic I have has the serial number below it for insurance purposes. I have changed most of my grips. S&W 586 combat masterpiece, Dan Wesson, and S&W Model 80 to Pacmyer for comfort in shooting. I have never found the need to change the wood/rubber grips that came with my GP100. I find them confortable to shoot and they fit my hand well, plus they look great.

here is another discussion.
    http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471915

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I loved mine. I had three at different times. I had to sell them for various reasons. I regret that. I love my G17 and G21 more, but I still have a place in my heart for the GP100.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    Just picked up a Sp101 .357 and replaced with the Hogue finger grips. I like the way they mount with the screw at the bottom. Much cleaner look and the extra girth makes for a better grasp.

IMG_20141111_101131262.jpg

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just picked up a Sp101 .357 and replaced with the Hogue finger grips. I like the way they mount with the screw at the bottom. Much cleaner look and the extra girth makes for a better grasp.

IMG_20141111_101131262.jpg

And they are very pleasant to shoot too.

You would never think it was a .357

I need another one.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    As nice as the original wood insert grips look, I can't use speedloaders with them on, which is why I replaced my first year production GP100's grip withthe Hogues. Yes, I kept the original grips, I'm not a complete idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom