• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    This is an excellent article about the state of affairs in Detroit:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/2...nswer-police-chief-call-to-arms/?intcmp=hpbt3

The people of that once great city are now coming to grips with the grim reality of failed policies and poverty. Guns make men equal. (and women too)

j-craig.jpg

Detroit Police Chief James Craig says legal gun ownership in his city can help stop crime. (AP/Detroit Free Press)

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I personally don't believe that gun ownership impacts crime one way or another in a well maintained City like mine (San Diego). However, it should not come as a big surprise that in a City where the government has essentially left the citizenry to fend for themselves that a armed citizenry reduces crime.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Huge style points for rocking the external vest and the motorcycle patrol jacket.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I personally don't believe that gun ownership impacts crime one way or another in a well maintained City like mine (San Diego). However, it should not come as a big surprise that in a City where the government has essentially left the citizenry to fend for themselves that a armed citizenry reduces crime.

This is evidence that government is not needed to protect the citizenry.

The citizenry needs to the tools to protect themselves, not more regulations or laws.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Well, I'd say they get it 5%.

They still have to kick the "The Government Needs to Do Something" mentality, for starters on the other 95.

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    My 6 year old son and I recently drove through Detroit. I asked him "what do you think buddy?" He replied " it looks just like Baltimore!" I laughed so hard I thought coffee would come out my nose.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    My 6 year old son and I recently drove through Detroit. I asked him "what do you think buddy?" He replied " it looks just like Baltimore!" I laughed so hard I thought coffee would come out my nose.

I went there to visit my uncle. He'd lived there since after he left Vietnam and he and his Army buddies went to get jobs with Ford. I'm glad I carried my gun. It was impressively bad.

Juche90

May 10, 2014
    Detroit actually has a lot of people moving in from the burbs especially in the North end near Greek town. I don't expect it to stick though because all of the jobs are in the burbs. It's like a giant Flint, MI.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

That's very candid and insightful. I agree, and would add there is no utopia, so it be hooves most good people to be trained and prepared, including the right safety tools.

I was going to twist it and say something about unarmed neighbors; but I think all my neighbors are armed. We have a very safe street/neighborhood; but again, most everyone is armed, and very polite to one another. :)

Huge style points for rocking the external vest and the motorcycle patrol jacket.

Very true, he looks tough/cool. He's also very well spoken and articulate; exactly the right kind of person to be most persuasive and help turn the tide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom