• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Well, that surely makes it easy for anyone that plans on shooting up a school. It also gives us a snapshot as a community of the likelihood of a bill allowing teachers to carry to pass. As a teacher, I can plainly see the vulnerabilities my school has to a violent attack every day. It would be VERY easy for someone with limited training and planning to kill 50-100 kids before any response showed up...especially if they worked in a team...and especially if they attacked at multiple places simultaneously(such as the playground & cafeteria...with a combined 250+ kids at most times during the day).

The flat out truth is that unless there is an immediate armed response to a violent threat, the threat will be successful in causing harm. The best way to provide for an immediate armed defense is to give teachers a legal pathway to carry...with a school specific training program and licensing. It's worked in about a third of our nation, most notably in utah, and it'd work here too. As it stands, schools are a ticking time bomb, waiting for an evil person to take advantage of them as a devastating soft target.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I wouldn't work that detail.

Cop in a school without a gun is just another victim.

Hopefully they can have canned foods.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have thought about it and have came to the conclusion that gun control WORKS! Yes, it DOES work. We think that the Liberals are stupid etc. and that their gun control ideas are crazy. However, gun control is working exactly as planned for them. Its obvious by looking at the "criminal justice" system and how the liberals cater to them. Liberals don't give a damn about criminals doing wrong...they know that they are criminals and will break the law regardless. What Liberals do care about is controlling those of us who think rationally for ourselves, our families, and our country. They can't implement their agenda(s) as long as people like us are armed and capable of standing in their way. So they use whatever method of "gun control" they can muster to limit and eventually take away our firearms and ammunition. I'd say that they are doing a hell of a job and that gun control is working very well...especially in Maryland, California, and New York.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This blows my mind.

Why would they not want a cop there to protect children?

Simple, in that neck of the woods they don't view police as protectors, they view them as oppressors. If you feel like you've got a pretty good chance of being on the wrong side of the law, you probably would want as neutered a police force as possible.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    This blows my mind.

Why would they not want a cop there to protect children?

They have been brain washed. Seriously. The police are the enemy! They would rather hide behind cafeteria trays with "no gun" stickers on them as an extra layer of protection, and be exposed to an armed lunatic. That way they can bitch and gripe about lawfully owned firearms and their lawful owners for years to come.:sad20:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Simple, in that neck of the woods they don't view police as protectors, they view them as oppressors. If you feel like you've got a pretty good chance of being on the wrong side of the law, you probably would want as neutered a police force as possible.

This

They see the police as Ferguson and other places. They figure that arming the police will result in school shootings.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Brilliant!

God forbid anything happens. Watch how fast they fall over each other to call the cops with the guns, since the cops that were already there and who could have and most certainly would have intervened....didn't have any.

Absolutely friggin BRILLIANT! Soooo reassuring that our kids are in such responsible hands!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    There are principals and teachers who organized "protests" outside of SRO's offices over Ferguson.

If those folks don't want police in their building armed and willing to protect them then they don't deserve them.

With that said most of Baltimore City School Police leave A LOT to be desired. Doesn't help one was just charged with felony theft for stealing food from the school and felony assault.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I wonder if the esteemed politicians who implemented this policy will be held responsible if a active shooting takes place in a city school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom