• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I need the community's help researching for a special project.

There is a Maryland law or regulation that I need help locating.
    It states (paraphrasing);

If a renewal application is received at least 14 days prior to expiration, a license or permit shall not expire until a final letter of denial is delivered.

Neither I, DLLR, my attorney, other 2A advocates or any of my other resources can locate the cite. I know I have also seen it referenced here on MDS, but I cant find it to save my life.

Please help by identifying and posting the applicable statute here.

TIA

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm a little swamped right now with work but just a note if it helps. This site might be a little more user friendly for state law research than that awful Lexis Nexus they use now. I miss when they had it all on the Michie site and it was much easier for citizens to search and use. Then again it was under the O'Malley administration they did away with it, so maybe that was the idea.

Anyway you probably already know about this but if not here is the site.

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comar.aspx

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I did a cursory search last week after I saw your post on another thread

Looked at COMAR and all the applicable statutes, did not find it. Will make a more serious search now.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Just went through the entire public safety code pertaining to permits, 5-3XX, COMAR regulations pertaining to permits and looked at the MSP licensing division on the permit page.

Don't see anything other than the requirement to submit the application no less than 90 days.

frosty

Aug 17, 2012
    Mount Airy, MD
    Are you talking about any permit or license renewal or firearm specific?

There is this
    (b) If, at least 2 calendar weeks before a license expires, the licensee makes sufficient application for renewal of the license, the license does not expire until:

(1) the unit takes final action on the application; and

(2) either:

(i) the time for seeking judicial review of the action expires; or

(ii) any judicial stay of the unit’s final action expires.

from http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...le=gsg&section=10-226&ext=html&session=2015RS (assuming the link works)

Or this
    If, at least 2 calendar weeks before a license expires, the licensee makes sufficient application for renewal of the license, the license shall not expire until:

(1) The Administration takes final action on the renewal application; and

(2) The time for seeking judicial review of the action expires or any judicial stay of the Administration’s final action expires.

from http://www.dsd.state.md.us/Comar/getfile.aspx?file=31.03.16.08.htm

Or this
    C. If, at least 2 calendar weeks before a permit expires, the permit holder makes sufficient application for renewal of the permit, the permit shall not expire until:

(1) The Administration takes final action on the renewal application; and

(2) The time for seeking judicial review of the action expires or any judicial stay of the Administration’s final action expires.

from http://www.dsd.state.md.us/Comar/getfile.aspx?file=31.03.17.08.htm

No idea if thats what you are after. Might give you better wording to search from though.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I couldn't find anything that refers to 14 days with a ccw renewal. I did find the section below in two places in the MSP License Section. They are for Private Detective Agency and Security Guard Agency. I hope this helps!

A renewal application form; and *A notice that states:*the date on which the current license expires;*that the Secretary must receive the renewal application and the statements required under § 13-309 of this subtitle, at least 15 days before the license expiration date, for the renewal to be issued and mailed before the license expires; *the amount of the renewal fee; *that, if the statements required under § 13-309 of this subtitle are not received at least 15 days before the license expiration date, a fee of $10 per day shall be charged against the licensee until the statements are received; and *that the submission of a false statement in the renewal application or in the annual statements is cause for revocation of the license. *The renewal application must be received by the Maryland State Police at least 15 days prior to the expiration date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom