• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    About a week ago Baltimore County Police responded to my home while I was making a call for medical assistance for chest pains. When they entered they saw my AR15 pistol sitting against the wall and immediately freaked out (despite the fact I was laying on the ground, more than 8 feet from it).
    Long story short one of the officers said he was taking it. I told him to either charge me with something or return it to where he found it, but I was simply laughed at.
    The officer even tried to say that I was REQUIRED to have a pistol extension tube, because I had a standard extension tube on mine.
    I told him he was incorrect (and I have a BATFE letter to back this up) and again was simply mocked by the officer (and others). They were even mocking me, laughing about how I should be a lawyer, as I left for the ambulance.

Just letting everyone know that BCPD is full of idiots who don't even know the laws they are supposed to be upholding, and that they like to steal firearms.

I've already decided that I will be taking legal action of some sort. I just need to decide what to do and find someone to do it.
    If anyone has any recommendations on who to contact regarding legal assistance in this matter please let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      64 KB · Views: 1,298

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Did you build the pistol on a rifle lower?

The letter reads as if you were asking if that was OK to do.

RE: "The legality of manufacturing pistols from AR-15 type rifle receivers."

Did you build the pistol using a virgin lower?

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    Contact CharlieFoxtrot
    Thank you, I'll look for him momentarily.

I'm glad that you're still with us and wish you a speedy recovery.
    They had me for near a week, running every test you can imagine. Finally glad to be back home.

Did you build the pistol on a rifle lower?

The letter reads as if you were asking if that was OK to do.

RE: "The legality of manufacturing pistols from AR-15 type rifle receivers."

Did you build the pistol using a virgin lower?
    It was built on a stripped lower. I'm not actually the respondent of the BATFE letter, it was something I found online. However I do all my own builds from stripped lowers, so it never was a rifle.
    I had a 14.5" bbl with an unpinned flash hider, so the only legal way to build it was as a pistol.

Is this city or county?
    Baltimore County

Just to be clear, did they take it ?
    Yes they did. The police took the AR15 pistol.
    I was told by my mother that the police WANTED to search the entire house and take EVERYTHING registered to me (while I was in the hospital), but she prevented that from happening.
    She did however GIVE THEM my handguns, shotgun, and ruger 10/22. While I did find that rather annoying to hear, it's nothing that can't be replaced. Only the AR15 the police actually took that night is irreplaceable, and that's only due to state law being what it is.

My main issue is the fact that police came into my home and decided to seize a firearm simply because it was there. That is unacceptable in my opinion, and something which should not be happening.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    BCPD are generally the lowest informed group of LEOs. Actually, the gun squad of BCPD is probably the dumbest group.

Nothing like calling for help and getting laughed at when you try to stop government sanctioned theft.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    this is a big deal, keep us apprised.

Wait, do you have some kind of conviction on your record? That is the only way I could see them being able to do this.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    BCPD are generally the lowest informed group of LEOs. Actually, the gun squad of BCPD is probably the dumbest group.

Nothing like calling for help and getting laughed at when you try to stop government sanctioned theft.

Well, just look who their boss is
    :sad20:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    There are no charges filed. They can't size property without doing that, unless they are calling it civil forfiture.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Couple of things I don't understand... you left a firearm visible out in the open when you knew strangers were coming into your home. I'm not judging, but would love to know your reason for not placing it out of sight. You must have had a very good reason for that. And why would they confiscate your other, non-visible firearms? And please don't take this as anything other than curiosity and the opportunity for a learning experience... I mean no disrespect.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    sorry to hear this. Glad to hear you are ok. Lawyer is best option. Good luck and please keep us posted

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    I'm interested in what the tab ends up being if you do seek legal action. I'm guessing $5k-$8k to start and $35k once it's all said and done.

Why can't it be replaced, it's a pistol which aren't banned? Not that it shouldn't be returned with what you've told us, just wondering of I'm missing something.

Hope you are feeling better and get your firearm back without too much hassle.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Couple of things I don't understand... you left a firearm visible out in the open when you knew strangers were coming into your home. I'm not judging, but would love to know your reason for not placing it out of sight. You must have had a very good reason for that.

He did say that he was having chest pains, made an emergency call, and was lying on the ground when BCPD entered his house.

Sounds like an emergency situation to me. If I'm having a heart attack, I may not be able to go around and put guns away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom