• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    There is no "second term Hogan". I already feel slighted by him, can't imagine that getting any better over the next few years.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    There is no "second term Hogan". I already feel slighted by him, can't imagine that getting any better over the next few years.

Can you imagine it getting worse? I know of a certain ex-Maryland governor who's looking for work....:innocent0

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Then why was it the past 3 years all I read here was how O'malley was ruining the State with FSA2013?

He had the power but Hogan doesn't?

Nah, he's just mum on the subject, won't say shit either way except what was stated during the campaign (and of course secret squirrel activity which we know has ALL come true). :sad20:

O'malley = D
    Maryland Legislature and most elected positions both in the State and Local = D

Hogan = R

Guess which party is trying to take your guns and Second Amendment Civil Rights in Maryland?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    O'malley = D
    Maryland Legislature and most elected positions both in the State and Local = D

Hogan = R

Guess which party is trying to take your guns and Second Amendment Civil Rights in Maryland?
    That really wasn't the question.

Point is, lots of folks on the forum are giving Hogan a pass, assuming he's got some master plan to (eventually) do SOMETHING for his constituents. For some, this is totally open ended, 2nd year of his 2nd term would be fine with some. I (for one) am sick of the ********, sick of the silence.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    This sh*t happens every year with the GA. Hopefully nothing will pass.

My litmus test for Hogan is if he vetoes anything anti-2A. It'll get over-ridden anyway, most likely, so it's a pointless gesture... but...

I don't think anyone here is giving him a free pass. My .02 is that he vetoed a number of bills last year that would have simply gotten green-lighted by a Dem governor. I'd rather see a lame-duck R in the office than a D cheerleader rubber-stamping everything the GA does.

sonoramic

Charlie dont surf.
    Dec 16, 2011
    Millersville
    "Madaleno warned against only thinking of mass shootings when considering gun safety. He said he was more concerned with individual instances, like suicide or relationship violence."

Soooo..... someone who is going to commit suicide is going to ask the question.... "Hey, am I breaking the law"????? These people are idiots and lack all common sense/logic.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    In my opinion:

Hogan won't do diddly when it comes to the 2A. Because he can't by himself with a hostile GA.
    He's better than the alternative (Brownstain).
    If any of these bills do in fact pass, his veto; or lack thereof will be quite telling.
    He's still the lesser of the evils.
    This SSR is phukked.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    "Madaleno warned against only thinking of mass shootings when considering gun safety. He said he was more concerned with individual instances, like suicide or relationship violence."

Soooo..... someone who is going to commit suicide is going to ask the question.... "Hey, am I breaking the law"????? These people are idiots and lack all common sense/logic.

Birds of a feather. From Feinstein's great brain:
    “When the gunman realizes that nobody else is armed, he will lay down his weapons and turn himself in…. that’s just human nature.”

As for the great "no-fly list" and denying a Constitutional right because of it:

18-month-old yanked from plane by TSA for being on the no-fly list

Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    This sh*t happens every year with the GA. Hopefully nothing will pass.

My litmus test for Hogan is if he vetoes anything anti-2A. It'll get over-ridden anyway, most likely, so it's a pointless gesture... but...

I don't think anyone here is giving him a free pass. My .02 is that he vetoed a number of bills last year that would have simply gotten green-lighted by a Dem governor. I'd rather see a lame-duck R in the office than a D cheerleader rubber-stamping everything the GA does.

Hogans veto is the same as a rubber stamp. they both end at the same place. Hogan can't sit back and try to be bipartisan. His only chance is to go on the offensive and see if he can gain any public support for Conservative ideas.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD

Thats one of the things that makes me scratch my head with the Democrats. They want abortion, they want assisted suicide, but have a complete aneurism over someone doing it themselves with a firearm. Isn't it their right to chose? (to put it back in their lingo)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Thats one of the things that makes me scratch my head with the Democrats. They want abortion, they want assisted suicide, but have a complete aneurism over someone doing it themselves with a firearm. Isn't it their right to chose? (to put it back in their lingo)

Dems want to kill minority children. That is where the abortion clinics are located.

They want to kill off all of the bluedog conservatives from the party. Those are namely the older members.

Lastly, they want you defenseless to oppress you.

Subprime

Dec 2, 2015
    I don't know very much at all about how MD passes laws or the legislative process, but for those who are looking for Hogan to do something, it seems like they are looking for a sign that he is pro 2a. Any sign.

Even if a bill will pass if he vetoes it, I think it shows where he stands if he actually vetoes it. Maybe it still becomes law, but at least he did what was in his power.

Listening to Chris Christie talk about gun rights, he's mentioned numerous times that he is limited in what he can actually do. Now I'm not entirely convinced he is pro 2a, but he's at least given the appearance that he is at times. I'm sure all the NJ legislators weren't happy when he pardoned those 2 people for breaking their ridiculous gun laws. Maybe seeing Hogan take a stand like that will give you an idea of what side he's on.

And if you think MD gun laws can't get any worse, just look at NJ.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Listening to Chris Christie talk about gun rights, he's mentioned numerous times that he is limited in what he can actually do. Now I'm not entirely convinced he is pro 2a, but he's at least given the appearance that he is at times. I'm sure all the NJ legislators weren't happy when he pardoned those 2 people for breaking their ridiculous gun laws. Maybe seeing Hogan take a stand like that will give you an idea of what side he's on.

Here're the facts: Chris Christie on gun control

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Originally Posted by jc1240 View Post
    As for the great "no-fly list" and denying a Constitutional right because of it:

18-month-old yanked from plane by TSA for being on the no-fly list

Another "win" for our exceedingly incompetent government. :mad54:

Perhaps the kid had passed an exceptionally vile... well, you know... in the past and caused a plane to be evacuated.

Naaaah...

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Hogans veto is the same as a rubber stamp. they both end at the same place. Hogan can't sit back and try to be bipartisan. His only chance is to go on the offensive and see if he can gain any public support for Conservative ideas.

He supports conservative ideas, in particular he cut deep on a few Baltimore programs. But because Baltimore has an outsize influence in the GA, they rewrote some laws to secure special funding for our educational system--which he can't veto again next (this) year.

Do we want him to be re-elected? If so the emphasis now should be on local politics to change the makeup of the GA.

One R governor against a majority D legislature means nothing gets done without supermajorities. Right now, that is the best chance for change in MD. Vote local and get the makeup of the GA more balanced.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    What Hogan needs to do is offensively show the masses how the dems are still trying to rape and pillage MD and to show how this is the Dems not seeing that we the people voted Hogan due to these rapings

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom