• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Vortex Sparc. Life time warranty and will hold zero.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Vortex Strikefire II. They are tested with 1000rds of 375 H&H...they are alot better than given credit for. I love mine.

Another vote for the Vortex Strikefire. Absolutely love it. Very accurate and holds zero. Another plus for me is. That I prefer the green reticle instead of red. Many other of the lower end "red dot" optics only have a red dot, no option for green.

Ditto here. Got my Vortex Strikefire II on a Black Friday sale for $119...one of the best $100-ish gun related purchases I've made. :thumbsup:

That said, I have a $30 CenterPoint red dot on a 12 gauge Savage 320 shotgun...also holds zero well and works great.

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    If you want to borrow and try the strike fire, PM me. no problems! I can also show you a few others that are mounted, to at least look through.
    pablopac

Doug33w

Aug 22, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I've heard good things about the Vortex Sparc & you can't beat Vortex's service if you have any problems I have 2 vortex scopes a Viper 3.5-10 & the 6-24x PST and I've been very happy with them. A buddy of mine had a canted reticle in his Vortex Scope & they repaired it no questions asked.

I also have Bushnell TRS-25 on my AK & I have over 1k rounds through it and I've had no problems with it.

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Strike fire or save for an aim point pro. I have both. Pro on my carbine that's used and abused, vortex on my 300 aac for plinking and deer camera checking.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    You can find the PRO on sale from time to time as low as $360 during sales and I bet the ACO could be found for a bit less. Both are excellent. I also use a primary arms micro on my 15-22 and it is great for that application.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coffee

Jan 12, 2009
    Odenton
    I started down the AR path convinced I'd only go with top-shelf optics, and that's what I did with my first AR. But, top-shelf optics are expensive, and I decided to try lower-priced options.

I started with a Vortex Strikefire on a Beretta CX4, and was very pleasantly surprised to find that it didn't behave like I expected a Chinese optic to behave.

My last AR wears a Vortex Strike Eagle, which I was even more impressed by.

They aren't just good for cheap optics, they simply perform well. The generous warranty is gravy on top.

In my mind, I no longer equate Vortex to cheap, price or quality-wise. They may not have the bomb-proof reputation of Aimpoint and Trijicon, but they're nonetheless solid optics.

All that to say: Vortex Sparc II or Strikefire. Either are under $200 on Amazon.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I've got a Primary Arms MD-ADS (sort of an Aimpoint copy) that I'm very happy with. In addition to an MP5, I've used it on a VZ58 and Vepr 12ga without any issues in either case. It's ~25% the cost of the Aimpoint and has up to 50k hour battery life with a 2 MOA dot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom