• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usawcraig

Gunbroke
    May 8, 2015
    Middle River
    I'm not even sure if these are Maryland compliant but curious what am are the thoughts and views as far as value accuracy and reliability.

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm not even sure if these are Maryland compliant but curious what am are the thoughts and views as far as value accuracy and reliability.

That's a point often debated among our industry partners. For example, Duffy's Gun Room sells them but Engage Armament won't.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    In a nutshell, VEPRs are overbuilt, heavier, and generally less prone to stringing than a "typical" AK. The Molot factory which produces them is historically the source of the light machine gun variant for the Soviets.

IMO they can be more accurate. But, AK accuracy also varies widely from rifle to rifle, even from the same factory.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I have the 5.45-39 version and like it a lot for what it is. Scoped it and after a little trigger work it shoots rather well. Bought it when they were a good priced option and the ammo for it was cheap.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    I have the 308 Vepr w/ 16" barrel- it shot really well. The accuracy was around 2" at 100 yds w/ regular surplus ammo. Comparing to my FAL that was impressive especially from the AK platform.

Also have 7.62x54 version, but that's for fun (w/ no punishment like the Mosin), since I still have several cases of ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom