• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Does someone have the definitive answer as far as this ammo being banned or not. Can I still legally buy this ammo or not? Thanks guys.

Doug33w

Aug 22, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Saw a 420rnd ammo can of green tip for sale at the Hanover Walmart today. I've had pretty good luck with with m855. It always goes bang and groups reasonably well.

Feb 28, 2013
    Does someone have the definitive answer as far as this ammo being banned or not. Can I still legally buy this ammo or not? Thanks guys.

It's still legal, for now.

It depends on how long until some libtard freaks out over the potential lethality of green paint again.:rolleyes:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the caveat is most if not all competitions don't allow them, and i think at least some ranges don't allow them.

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    I never thought is was accurate. I have better groups with 69gr match king in my 1 in 9 twist barrels.

it isn't. the cores aren't anywhere close to concentric or consistent, so while they all may weigh 62 grains +/- .02 gr or whatever the variation is, they're not balanced in flight and will tend to destabilize fairly quickly. not to the point they're tumbling or keyholing, but to the point that accuracy degrades noticeably.

makes for decent plinking ammo, but if you're set up to handload, you can load far more accurate plinking rounds for a lot less money.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    not had the best accuracy from it.

Strangely, the foreign made ss109 and m855 seems to be a bit more consistent. I have some prvi partizan green tips that are great

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom